Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2gb And Up Sd Cards Supported
OESF Portables Forum > Archived Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > Sharp Zaurus > C1000/3x00 General discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
SNi
Works fine - Transcend 4 GB SD (TS4GSD150) in SL-C3000 w/ stock ROM..
SNi
($141.98 from zipzoomfly.com)

QUOTE(DaemonsGR @ Mar 31 2006, 01:55 PM)
Any to test 4GB card?

thnx,
tasos
InSearchOf
Perfect... now I just need to go out and spend money on one....

how stable is it? what file sys do you have it setup with ext2 or 3 or fat32?

Thanks
Cresho
QUOTE(SNi @ Apr 5 2006, 05:17 PM)
SNi

thanks for this valuable piece of information. added it to the list of supported sd cards.

in search of........its pretty stable so far. or someone would of posted by now. and yes, you are really desparate arent you? c1000 with no internal drive is a killer. when i had mines, how i wished someone like me would of posted the drivers. I would not of sold the c1000. but remember that it does not work on the pdaxrom......so far from what i have seen and nobody posting it working. only for sharprom based roms.
DaemonsGR
Anyone with hacking skills can ported to pdaxrom?

Tasos
Meanie
QUOTE(DaemonsGR @ Apr 6 2006, 06:54 PM)
Anyone with hacking skills can ported to pdaxrom?

Tasos

well, up to beta1, the sd driver in pdaXrom was the same as the sharp one since it is binary only.
Jon_J
A bit off this topic, but related to 2GB cards
Updated info for SLC-760 users here:
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=122037
nick88
I hate to ask, but would this new driver work on the 5500?
Cresho
since i own a sl5500, ill look things up and ill post after. for the sl5500, directory for installer is different, also kernel is different, So far, installer will not work for it. Tried mannually installing it and still does not work but i did basterdized the file structure. So ill give that another go another day.
SNi
QUOTE(Cresho @ Apr 5 2006, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE(SNi @ Apr 5 2006, 05:17 PM)
SNi

thanks for this valuable piece of information. added it to the list of supported sd cards.

OK, a clarification. It's only been a couple of days so I don't know about "stability". Seems good so far. One weird thing - if I try to install a new ipk to SD using the Add/Remove Software app I get the error message "Not enough storage memory for installation" However, can still install to SD from command line..
SNi
Cresho
how about another application? how big is your swap space, how full is your internal drive?
SNi
QUOTE(SNi @ Apr 6 2006, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE(Cresho @ Apr 6 2006, 03:29 PM)
how about another application?  how big is your swap space, how full is your internal drive?

/hdd1 at 53%, /hdd2 @ 10%, hdd3 @ 28%, /usr/mnt/cf @ 24%, /usr/mnt/card @ 8%... Anything else I should look at? Don't have a swapfile.. Same behavior for 3 different packages...
SNi

Also /home @ 54%
SNi
Meanie
QUOTE(SNi @ Apr 7 2006, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE(SNi @ Apr 6 2006, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE(Cresho @ Apr 6 2006, 03:29 PM)
how about another application?  how big is your swap space, how full is your internal drive?

/hdd1 at 53%, /hdd2 @ 10%, hdd3 @ 28%, /usr/mnt/cf @ 24%, /usr/mnt/card @ 8%... Anything else I should look at? Don't have a swapfile.. Same behavior for 3 different packages...
SNi

Also /home @ 54%
SNi

how is /tmp doing? how much of the 1MB is free? if the command line works and the gui doesn't, then I suspect, the free space calculation was probably hardcoded to an upper limit and hence your 4GB is beyond what is "possible", it might have gotten confused and taken your free space as a negative value instead smile.gif
Cresho
with all the symlinks, mazathon going on the zaurus, i am even surprised to see it work at all tongue.gif

Did you try another installer? Different program?
SNi
QUOTE(Meanie @ Apr 6 2006, 05:55 PM)
how is /tmp doing? how much of the 1MB is free? if the command line works and the gui doesn't, then I suspect, the free space calculation was probably hardcoded to an upper limit and hence your 4GB is beyond what is "possible", it might have gotten confused and taken your free space as a negative value instead smile.gif

When I ask re /tmp it says:
Used 44.0K Available 980.0K Use 4% /dev/shm.

Oh well, I'm not going to obsess about it, since I can get around the issue..
SNi
fastscirocco
I tested this on my C3000 running the factory Sharp rom, with an
A Data 2 GB SD card, Model #: SD 2G 50X

Purchased from Newegg.com for $48.99!!!! That's right, $48.99 for
a 2GB SD card!

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16820211029

This card is working great in our Canon Powershot A620 and after
updating to this driver is now working just as well in my C3000.

Thanks for the driver update!
FS
Cresho
they also ahve a 28 dollar one for 2 gb. 140 for 4gb. smile.gif congrats.....2gb makes a world of a difference.
icruise
QUOTE(Cresho @ Apr 7 2006, 12:31 PM)
they also ahve a 28 dollar one for 2 gb.  140 for 4gb.  smile.gif congrats.....2gb makes a world  of a difference.

$28 for a 2GB card? Where?
InSearchOf
I'm assuming newegg.... Try there... If I feel un-lazy for a moment I will find it and post the link....

Edit: Nope didnt find it on NewEgg so I'm wrong...
icruise
Yeah, I didn't see it there, which is why I asked.
chyang
It seems that both newegg and zzf have 4GB 150x SD card for $99.99 AR($30).
Pretty tempting...
raduga
QUOTE(chyang @ Apr 9 2006, 06:24 AM)
Pretty tempting...

...and buy.com has a seagate 8gb microdrive (CF) for $147 USD.

4GB microdrive for $72.
spartan
2GB Mini SD with full SD shoe works

Thanks again for your drivers
Note to Tetsu special kernel users: Make sure to download the driver file off of Tetsu's website for C3000 and C3100 v18d
Cresho
QUOTE(raduga @ Apr 10 2006, 08:47 AM)
QUOTE(chyang @ Apr 9 2006, 06:24 AM)
Pretty tempting...

...and buy.com has a seagate 8gb microdrive (CF) for $147 USD.

4GB microdrive for $72.

now to have the ultimate pda....18 gb...
Cresho
QUOTE(InSearchOf @ Apr 5 2006, 06:02 PM)
Perfect... now I just need to go out and spend money on one....

how stable is it? what file sys do you have it setup with ext2 or 3 or fat32?

Thanks

fat16(default)
Cresho
QUOTE(spartan @ Apr 10 2006, 12:29 PM)

Note to Tetsu special kernel users: Make sure to download the driver file off of Tetsu's website for C3000 and C3100 v18d

I always been wondering if this option would work on the handheld without the driver update. Can you confirm this? THis was my burning question when i owned a c1000.

This information can be very usefull to sl5500 and sl6000 and c860 users.
spartan
Cresho:
2006/4/8 Handheld Linux Zaurus Software IndexにてCreshoさんにより1GB越のSDに対応するドライバが配布されていたので、アンインストールできるよう改良してみました(zaurus_sd_driver_update_cxxxx_1.0+tetsu_arm.zip)。
He provides a package, and it works fine for me.
Cresho
QUOTE(spartan @ Apr 12 2006, 05:41 PM)
Cresho:
2006/4/8 Handheld Linux Zaurus Software IndexにてCreshoさんにより1GB越のSDに対応するドライバが配布されていたので、アンインストールできるよう改良してみました(zaurus_sd_driver_update_cxxxx_1.0+tetsu_arm.zip)。
He provides a package, and it works fine for me.

He basically took my ipk for a ride and improved on it by adding install scripts. Is this correct?
icruise
Yep. And in case anyone was wondering, I don't think there's anything about the package he made that relates to his special kernel.
chyang
I tested on my Z with my newly ZZF bought corsair 133x sd, copy from the microdrivr to sd can achieve 1MB/s . It seems not so slow but not fast,too.
rickh
Just to chime in, the new driver loaded fine on my C3000, stock Sharp Rom. Inserted PNY 2 gig card, loaded about a gig of mp3s on it, started to play files while transferring via wireless scp. No problems whatsoever.

R.
==
Jon_J
QUOTE(Cresho @ Mar 28 2006, 12:28 AM)
There are two sd drivers now.  The first one which I slaped together only replaces a link to where the original driver stays. The tetsu driver improves upon the older driver by adding a script. tetsu added postinst and postrm scripts to the new version.  Uninstalling my old ipk would most likely make your zaurus sd drive not operational unless you do a hard reset or most likely a nand restore.  NOthing wrong with my driver.  The tetsu one is more correct.  Download the tetsu sd driver.  I am keeping the old sd up just incase.

I think everyone who has read this, and are only reading the followups, should re-read the first post again.
It has been updated.

I have a question, If I wanted to install the tetsu version, could I just install it on top of Cresho's version, without first uninstalling Cresho's version?
sidmoraes
QUOTE(Jon_J @ Apr 16 2006, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE(Cresho @ Mar 28 2006, 12:28 AM)
There are two sd drivers now.  The first one which I slaped together only replaces a link to where the original driver stays. The tetsu driver improves upon the older driver by adding a script. tetsu added postinst and postrm scripts to the new version.  Uninstalling my old ipk would most likely make your zaurus sd drive not operational unless you do a hard reset or most likely a nand restore.  NOthing wrong with my driver.  The tetsu one is more correct.  Download the tetsu sd driver.  I am keeping the old sd up just incase.

I think everyone who has read this, and are only reading the followups, should re-read the first post again.
It has been updated.

I have a question, If I wanted to install the tetsu version, could I just install it on top of Cresho's version, without first uninstalling Cresho's version?

Both are the same module!!! Tetsu only make a new ipk.
Jon_J
Quote:
"tetsu driver improves upon the older driver by adding a script. tetsu added postinst and postrm scripts to the new version. "

The module is the same, but don't we need the script mentioned above?
brashley46
QUOTE(Meanie @ Apr 3 2006, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE(brashley46 @ Apr 4 2006, 11:16 AM)
Is there any chance this can be done for the 860? The CACkO version I'm running has the 2.4.18 kernel ...

wasn't there a sdio driver made by c-guys that was only for the 2.4.18 kernel?

Anybody got a link for that?

I tried Cresho's original instructions on my 860, by the way, and it wound up not recognising my SD slot at all. Had to uninstall and reboot. I'm not going to go buy a big SD card until I'm sure I can use it!
chyang
It seems that this driver doesn't work on C860.
Meanie
QUOTE(brashley46 @ Apr 17 2006, 04:26 AM)
Is there any chance this can be done for the 860? The CACkO version I'm running has the 2.4.18 kernel ...

I tried Cresho's original instructions on my 860, by the way, and it wound up not recognising my SD slot at all. Had to uninstall and reboot. I'm not going to go buy a big SD card until I'm sure I can use it!

http://www.c-guys.jp/data/link11b/sd-link11b_us_jpn_arm.ipk
brashley46
QUOTE(Meanie @ Apr 16 2006, 10:19 PM)

Hmmmm, I've already got that one downloaded ... I'll try it, though. Later. Thanks.
Cresho
QUOTE(spartan @ Apr 10 2006, 12:29 PM)

i wonder if this works without the driver update.
brashley46
QUOTE(brashley46 @ Apr 17 2006, 02:54 AM)

Hmmmm, I've already got that one downloaded ... I'll try it, though. Later. Thanks.

Nope, not gonna work ... had to uninstall and reboot again to get the SD slot recognised. I'll just have to content myself with the 1G limit, I suppose. dry.gif
dinorex
today i tried my patched C3100 with a sandisk 2G ....
and Z can't read it sad.gif
Cresho
wow...interesting. did you reboot? Could be that particular sandisk.
dinorex
QUOTE(Cresho @ Apr 20 2006, 02:38 AM)
wow...interesting.  did you reboot?  Could be that particular sandisk.

i went to a 2nd hand store selling 2G sandisk, and direct plugin the SD...

of coz i have no time to reboot that instantly but i have rebooted it several times during the day (since I've tailored something today...)

but b4hand, that Z was plugged in a 1G Sandisk SD and functioned properly.... sad.gif
Meanie
QUOTE(dinorex @ Apr 20 2006, 04:52 AM)
QUOTE(Cresho @ Apr 20 2006, 02:38 AM)
wow...interesting.  did you reboot?  Could be that particular sandisk.

i went to a 2nd hand store selling 2G sandisk, and direct plugin the SD...

of coz i have no time to reboot that instantly but i have rebooted it several times during the day (since I've tailored something today...)

but b4hand, that Z was plugged in a 1G Sandisk SD and functioned properly.... sad.gif

Does that SD card work on other systems, ie via card reader on a PC?
dinorex
QUOTE(Meanie @ Apr 20 2006, 09:16 AM)
Does that SD card work on other systems, ie via card reader on a PC?

i haven't tried for so detail.... once i saw it doesn't work blink.gif ... i left the store

anyway, i will try elsewhere later... laugh.gif
rokugo
QUOTE(brashley46 @ Apr 19 2006, 05:02 AM)

Nope, not gonna work ... had to uninstall and reboot again to get the SD slot recognised. I'll just have to content myself with the 1G limit, I suppose. dry.gif

For the driver to work properly you just need to replace /usr/sbin/sdiomgr with the script from this post : http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=115923
dinorex
yesterday nite i tried my patched c3k1 with a transcend 4G, and it works, and opened some movies... ph34r.gif
Cresho
QUOTE(dinorex @ Apr 21 2006, 09:33 AM)
yesterday nite i tried my patched c3k1 with a transcend 4G, and it works, and opened some movies...  ph34r.gif

someone posted problems installing ipk to that particular sd card. just remember if you want to install to sd card, use the terminal. tongue.gif. 2gb no problems so far. Happy to hear you watching movies. Currently i have over 30 hours worth of movies on my pda and ...........tons of music, over 2000 games but i mostly use it for my nursing school.
brashley46
QUOTE(rokugo @ Apr 21 2006, 06:13 AM)
QUOTE(brashley46 @ Apr 19 2006, 05:02 AM)

For the driver to work properly you just need to replace /usr/sbin/sdiomgr with the script from this post : http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=115923

Ah? Okay, then ... I'll try again in a week or so. Thanks!
daniel3000
Hi Cresho,

one question:

If I install that driver, will it also be available in the emergency console boot, available via B+D boot so I can use backups on the 2GB SD card from there?

Thanks
daniel
Cresho
I assume it not to work since i have a few people stating that it does not work. You would most likely need to eject the card before doing this procedure. Others use compact flash.

You can try how ever and post if you had no problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.