Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glibc_2.3/libxcomposite 1.1.0beta1 & 2 C3100
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
urania
Hi,
Lot of troubles with this Rom.
Under user root, if i do startx, i have :

matchbox-window-manager: error while loading shared libraries: libXcomposite.so.1: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory .....

Sometimes i have this one too: matchbox-window-manager: /lib/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.3 not found.

If i create a new user, without root privilege, and do my startx, it run twm .... (beurk) wink.gif

Any idea ?

Thx
Meanie
QUOTE(urania @ Mar 30 2006, 10:52 PM)
Hi,
Lot of troubles with this Rom.
Under user root, if i do startx, i have :

matchbox-window-manager: error while loading shared libraries: libXcomposite.so.1: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory .....

Sometimes i have this one too: matchbox-window-manager: /lib/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.3 not found.

If i create a new user, without root privilege, and do my startx, it run twm .... (beurk) wink.gif

Any idea ?

Thx

where did you get matchbox-window-manager from? my system doesn't even have it.
the rom uses openbox as the window manager by default and that runs fine
if you create a new user, you need to copy .xinitrc from /home/root and place it under the new user's home directory in order for it to load the same desktop as the root user, otherwise, the system will load /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc which loads twm. alternatively, you can replace /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc with the .xinitrc file from /home/root to make it the default so any new user will default to that unless they have their own .xinitrc file
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.