Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PM boxes...
OESF Forums > Everything Else > Site Specific Forums > Site Suggestions, Requests, and Updates
jchung
It seems like there are 2 PM boxes..

On the main page, to the right there is a list of users online. On the bottom of that box there's a thing stating if you have a PM or not. It shows that I have one PM, which I seen already.

Now when you come to the forums, the top menu shows that "you have no messages" and when I go to my PM box it shows two other PMs and the first one from the other page is not there!

Does this mean we have 2 separate PM boxes? I'm confused :?
offroadgeek
Yes, unfortunately there are two seperate PM boxes... one for the main site, and the other for the forums. When people usually run a forum integrated with a site (like this one), they usually disable the forum PM and just use the site PM. I haven't done this yet, because I'm not sure if we'll be keeping the main site as a postnuke site.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Anonymous
I like the main site because of the recent theads and the anouncements (which is basically the main purpose of the main page !)
jchung
oops, last post was by me. Btw keep up the good work! biggrin.gif

EDIT: actually you should put a link to the main page somewhere in your forum menu..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.