Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Request Bestcrypt
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > User Request for Applications
SNi
Could some compile Bestcrypt for Sharp stock ROM?? http://www.jetico.com/linux/
TIA,
SNI

SL-C3000, 4GB CF, 4GB SD
sidmoraes
QUOTE(SNi @ Apr 7 2006, 02:49 AM)
Could some compile Bestcrypt for Sharp stock ROM?? http://www.jetico.com/linux/
TIA,
SNI

SL-C3000, 4GB CF, 4GB SD

I beleive this is what you need...

Give to us a feedback.

New Package. Now, I made a test.. unsure.gif

# bctool new -a idea -s 1M -d Teste /mnt/card/test.bcript
Enter password:
Verify password:

Please do not forget to format the container
# uname -a
Linux zaurus 2.4.20 #20 Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:54:08 +0300 armv5tel unknown
#
SNi
QUOTE(sidmoraes @ Apr 7 2006, 10:27 AM)

Give to us a feedback.

Thanx... I'm probably doing something wrong... When I tried to mount a container (created on desktop) I got "Kernel modules not loaded". OK, so I did modprobe bc_twofish (since that was the algorithm used to create the container). lsmod shows bc & bc_twofish loaded. However when trying to mount the container I still get "Kernel modules not loaded" What am I missing?
TIA,
SNi
P.S. Trying to mount using command bctool mount -t vfat /mnt/cf/test.jbc /mnt/secrets I also used modprobe to load all the modules, same result
sidmoraes
QUOTE(SNi @ Apr 8 2006, 08:06 AM)
QUOTE(sidmoraes @ Apr 7 2006, 10:27 AM)

Give to us a feedback.

Thanx... I'm probably doing something wrong... When I tried to mount a container (created on desktop) I got "Kernel modules not loaded". OK, so I did modprobe bc_twofish (since that was the algorithm used to create the container). lsmod shows bc & bc_twofish loaded. However when trying to mount the container I still get "Kernel modules not loaded" What am I missing?
TIA,
SNi
P.S. Trying to mount using command bctool mount -t vfat /mnt/cf/test.jbc /mnt/secrets I also used modprobe to load all the modules, same result

Did you make a "depmod -a" ???

I will make some tests.
SNi
QUOTE(sidmoraes @ Apr 8 2006, 01:37 PM)
Did you make a "depmod -a" ???

I will make some tests.

Yes, same result...
SNi
w14
There should be an init script which loads the modules at startup, and makes sure that the bestcrypt volumes are dismounted cleanly at shutdown. Have a look in /etc/rc.d/init.d for a file called bcrypt. 'bcrypt start' should load the modules you need.

Mike.
SNi
QUOTE(w14 @ Apr 10 2006, 11:47 PM)
There should be an init script which loads the modules at startup, and makes sure that the bestcrypt volumes are dismounted cleanly at shutdown. Have a look in /etc/rc.d/init.d for a file called bcrypt. 'bcrypt start' should load the modules you need.
Mike.

Found it... When I run this I get
37: Syntax error: Bad for loop variable...

SNi
SNi
QUOTE(SNi @ Apr 11 2006, 02:49 PM)
QUOTE(w14 @ Apr 10 2006, 11:47 PM)
Mike.

Found it... When I run this I get
37: Syntax error: Bad for loop variable...
SNi

OK. I used the bcrypt file from the pdaXrom unstable feed in place of the one sidmoraes packaged, keeping all other files from sidmoraes' package. Now when I do "./bcrypt start" it runs and I get:

Initializing Bestcrypt
Using /lib/modules/2.4.20/block/bc.o
Using /lib/modules/2.4.20/block/bc_blowfish.o
and it loads all the .o's This can be verified by lsmod. However when I try to do anything (e.g. create a new container via "./bctool new -a idea -s 1M -d test" or mount an existing container "./bctool mount -t vfat -m twofish cryp_file /mnt/sec") I get the error:

/home/QtPalmtop/lib/libkgsha.so: undefined symbol: _divsi3
Can not Load Key Generators

Looks like an issue with the libkgsha.so and/or libkgsha256.so files... Any ideas?? I can unload all the modules OK via "./bcrypt stop", resulting "unmounting encrypted filesystems" and all the modules being unloaded...
TIA for any and all help,
SNi
P.S. No .so files in the pdaXrom version..
sidmoraes
Can you test again?

New package in first post.
SNi
QUOTE(sidmoraes @ Apr 15 2006, 05:51 PM)
Can you test again?

Sidmoraes,
Thanx for your continued help.. I downloaded your update. First bcrypt loads the modules OK, then when I tried to create a new container I got a message re missing libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 file. I searched, found and put into /usr/lib (symlink to libstdc++3-libc6-2.2.2.10.0.so). Again tried to create new container, and got message:

/lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2.2.so.3)

I can symlink libc.so.6 to libc-2.3.6.so in /usr/lib but it seems looks to /lib where libc.so.6 is symlinked to libc-2.2.2.so and not to /usr/lib... and I can't change in /lib... You seem to have it working, any ideas?
Thanx again,
SNi
sidmoraes
QUOTE(SNi @ Apr 15 2006, 08:08 PM)
QUOTE(sidmoraes @ Apr 15 2006, 05:51 PM)
Can you test again?

Sidmoraes,
Thanx for your continued help.. I downloaded your update. First bcrypt loads the modules OK, then when I tried to create a new container I got a message re missing libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 file. I searched, found and put into /usr/lib (symlink to libstdc++3-libc6-2.2.2.10.0.so). Again tried to create new container, and got message:

/lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2.2.so.3)

I can symlink libc.so.6 to libc-2.3.6.so in /usr/lib but it seems looks to /lib where libc.so.6 is symlinked to libc-2.2.2.so and not to /usr/lib... and I can't change in /lib... You seem to have it working, any ideas?
Thanx again,
SNi

Try this ipk: http://www.zaurususergroup.org/feed/libstd...95.4-16_arm.ipk
SNi
QUOTE(sidmoraes @ Apr 15 2006, 08:46 PM)

OK, I removed the files that I had added and then installed this ipk instead. Can load all modules then I'm back to this error message when I try to mount an existing container, create a new, or get info on an existing..

/usr/lib/libkgsha.so: undefined symbol: _divsi3

sad.gif
SNi
sidmoraes
QUOTE(SNi @ Apr 16 2006, 07:37 AM)
QUOTE(sidmoraes @ Apr 15 2006, 08:46 PM)

OK, I removed the files that I had added and then installed this ipk instead. Can load all modules then I'm back to this error message when I try to mount an existing container, create a new, or get info on an existing..

sad.gif
SNi

Did you get my new package? I tested in my C1K. Give to me the output of this command:
ldd /usr/lib/libkgsha.so
SNi
QUOTE(sidmoraes @ Apr 16 2006, 10:07 AM)
Did you get my new package? I tested in my C1K. Give to me the output of this command:
ldd /usr/lib/libkgsha.so

Yes, I am using your second version... Had to download and add ldd since wasn't on my Z. Output is below:

libfloat.so.1 => /home/QtPalmtop/lib/libfloat.so.1 (0x40017000)
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 => /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 (0x40036000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4007f000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x4019b000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x2aaaa000)

SNi
SNi
QUOTE(sidmoraes @ Apr 16 2006, 10:07 AM)
ldd /usr/lib/libkgsha.so

Looks like other folks have downloaded sidmoraes' package as well... Anyone else having either any success or any issues? Sidmoraes apparently has it working on his C1000 w/ Cacko, I'm having issues with a C3000 & stock ROM...

SNi
SNi
QUOTE(SNi @ Apr 16 2006, 01:24 PM)
Looks like other folks have downloaded sidmoraes' package as well...  Anyone else having either any success or any issues? Sidmoraes apparently has it working on his C1000 w/ Cacko, I'm having issues with a C3000 & stock ROM...
SNi

OK, turns out I had two different versions of libfloat.so.1 and after getting rid of one this works just fine. Use sidmoraes' package (attached to his first response) and also the ipk he linked to and Bestcrypt works perfectly on the C3000.

Now I have an encrypted container on my CF that I can access via the z and Windows desktop (I purchased the Windows version). Fantastic smile.gif thanx Sid laugh.gif

SNi
daniel3000
Hello,

now I'm also trying to set up BestCrypt using SNi's instructions on http://www.sibelle.info/gadgets/zbcrypt.htm

Thanks for this excellent guide! Installation went fine and I can initialize BestCrypt and create a container.

However, I'm stuck with formatting the new container.
I enter
CODE
bctool format -t ext2 /mnt/card/Documents/bestcrypt_container

and after being asked for the password and entering the password I get
CODE
execve /sbin/mkfs failed: No such file or directory
Operation not permitted

I am root.
There is no /sbin/mkfs
But there are the usual /sbin/mkfs.* (ext2, vfat ...)

When I remount / as rw and then do an ln -s /sbin/mkfs.exts /sbin/mkfs and then retry formatting I get

CODE
mkfs: bad blocks count - /dev/bcrypt0

What can I do?

Thanks a lot
daniel
w14
This happens with the version I compiled for pdaXrom as well. The problem is that there is no mkfs program for the Zaurus, and bestcrypt doesn't know to look for mkfs.ext2 or mkfs.ext3 instead.

You need to create the container on a desktop machine and copy it to the Z for mounting by bctool.

Mike.
SNi
QUOTE(w14 @ Jun 10 2006, 12:42 PM)
This happens with the version I compiled for pdaXrom as well. The problem is that there is no mkfs program for the Zaurus, and bestcrypt doesn't know to look for mkfs.ext2 or mkfs.ext3 instead.

You need to create the container on a desktop machine and copy it to the Z for mounting by bctool.

Mike.

Right... Since I had been looking for s/w that would allow me to do the encryption on desktop and PDA I had created, formatted, etc. the container on my CF using my desktop... (I also created it on the desktop because I thought it would be quicker)
SNi
expsion
I tried Bestcrypt as compiled by sidmoraes, but the test I made showed that it only works on a Zaurus with Linux 2.4.20 (SL-Cxxxx).
As I use an SL-C860 with Linux 2.4.18 (Cacko 1.23), I wonder if someone (maybe sidmoraes?) could compile Bestcrypt for this configuration?

Edited July 11, 2007: I had to change form a C860 to a C3200 and Bestcrypt now works ok. I use several Bestcrypt containers of up to the Linux maximum of 2000MB each.
bam
I tried Sid's package, and it works brilliantly, I even created and formated/mounted with no errors. now to see if I can write to the device, we sall see, if it works good I will make an ipk out of the thing, easier to install for the nOOb's

well copied and deleted a mass of files....looks like its good to go smile.gif
Drake01
QUOTE(SNi @ Apr 16 2006, 07:48 PM)
OK, turns out I had two different versions of libfloat.so.1 and after getting rid of one this works just fine. Use sidmoraes' package (attached to his first response) and also the ipk he linked to and Bestcrypt works perfectly on the C3000.

Do you know where you got the other version of libfloat.so.1? I'm getting the same error you had mentioned earlier:

I'm wondering if there are two packages containing libfloat and if I have the wrong version. I'd like to find some decent encryption software, but I haven't found one that works. I'm running pdaxrom beta3 on a C1000 and I have libfloat 1.0 installed.

Also, it looks like BestCrypt is not freeware. I'd be willing to spend for decent encryption, but I noticed on Jetico's site that they offer "License Renewal." Does that mean that this would only be good for a year or so and I'd have to essentially "re-purchase" it regularly? I don't "subscribe" to software like this because I've seen too many companies go out of business. I'm not going to put myself in a position where I am invested in a utility / application (time, effort and data) and then the company goes under, forces a (possibly incompatible) upgrade, or discontinues support for a specific version and the software becomes unusable.
telemetric_au
hi, im getting this error now with custom build im working on for collie, can i get some more info as to what it stems from or how i could work it out ??

qwer_asdf7
Hopefully this message gets someone's attention...
I got the bestcrypt to work on C3200 and was very happy to have encrypted file system finally working on Z -- until I rebooted. Z failed to restart giving following errors sometime during the boot messages and hanged:
VFS: can't find a minix or minix v2 filesystem on device 01:01
mounting /dev/ram1 on /dev failed: invalid argument

the problem is probably similar to those discussed here:
http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=21413
http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=21463

I've linked /etc/rc.d/rc[0|1|6].d/K95bcrypt to /etc/rc.d/init.d/bcrypt.
Tried manually unmounting and ran '/etc/rc.d/init.d/bcrypt stop' before reboot.
I have tetsu's kernel v18j for Sharp ROM, use menaie's zgcc for libstdc++
Do I need to edit rc.sysinit !!??

It works, just don't reboot.
Could anyone please give me any pointers.
Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.