Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ldd Tool
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
cwall
Installed ldd from 3.5.4 on sl-5500 and tried it against libqdasher.so, libqmultikey.so and libqpickboard.so, and did not get any output. Tried ldd --help and that gives an output. Are the libq* files complied as static, or am I missing something for ldd to fully work? It did not indicate any depends in its ipkg description.
Thanks
Carl
lardman
Interesting....

Does it work against the actual lib file (rather than the symlink)?

What about when you run it against a binary executable (rather than a lib)?

Si
cwall
No it also does not work with executables or run against the direct file instead of the link.
Carl
Mickeyl
export LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1
./runTheObjectToInspect
cwall
Hi Mickey
Not sure what you are suggesting, since that line is in the ldd script. On the weekend I got the ldd scipt from Debian 3.1 and changed the first line to use sh instead of bash, and installed on the SL-5500. It works fine and gives the outputs which I would expect when it is run against executables and also the plugin libs. So something is not right in the existing script in the 3.5.4 feed.
Cheers
Carl
lardman
Can you submit a bug report about this please?

Si
cwall
QUOTE(lardman @ Apr 19 2006, 05:01 AM)
Can you submit a bug report about this please?

Si

Done
Carl
cwall
Looking further on the net I have found that "set -o pipefail" in the ldd script casues ash shell in busybox to exit.

Busy box bug

http://bugs.uclibc.org/view.php?id=794

The work arount is to remove the "set -o pipefail" which is a test to see if it is running on Bash 3.x or fix busybox so it does not choke on the line.

Carl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.