Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shutting Down Oz
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
Antikx
What is the proper way to reboot OZ 3.5.4.1?
When I used Beta1, I typed reboot and it shut the Zaurus right down and I had to hit the power button to turn it back on.
Now with Beta2 all three of my tricks (reboot, shutdown, and init 6) take me to a blanks screen. When I press Enter is shows me that shutdown has started but never seems to get past sutting down the gpe-dm (display manager).

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug that hrw is going to tell me to report. wink.gif

p.s. shutdown -r doesn't seem to work. Is this how it's always been?
CoreDump
QUOTE(Antikx @ Apr 21 2006, 04:57 AM)
What is the proper way to reboot OZ 3.5.4.1?
When I used Beta1, I typed reboot and it shut the Zaurus right down and I had to hit the power button to turn it back on.
Now with Beta2 all three of my tricks (reboot, shutdown, and init 6) take me to a blanks screen. When I press Enter is shows me that shutdown has started but never seems to get past sutting down the gpe-dm (display manager).

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug that hrw is going to tell me to report. wink.gif

p.s. shutdown -r doesn't seem to work. Is this how it's always been?

With kernel 2.6 it is currently not possible to reboot. It is a known problem and will eventually be fixed. That bug isn't very high on the priority list tho smile.gif

Kernel 2.6.16 as included in alpha2 has another subtle bug which causes gpe-dm to hang on "stop".
The work-around is to delete the "dd" line in the gpe-dm script until this bug is resolved.
Antikx
Thanks for the info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.