Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Root_flash_size
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
nevarrie
I am working on getting e-image working on the SL6000 tosa. as of right now I can only use e-image-core due to the fact that it is 34mb and the tosa has a ROOT_FLASH_SIZE=32. At least this is my undestanding.

What are the reasons I would not want to change this to using 45 instead or 32 or some other number?

Also if this is not where i need to make the changes where woudl this need to be done?
CoreDump
QUOTE(nevarrie @ May 8 2006, 06:09 AM)
I am working on getting e-image working on the SL6000 tosa.  as of right now I can only use e-image-core due to the fact that it is 34mb and the tosa has a ROOT_FLASH_SIZE=32.  At least this is my undestanding.

What are the reasons I would not want to change this to using 45 instead or 32 or some other number?

Also if this is not where i need to make the changes where woudl this need to be done?

Currently you can not change your rootfs size in OZ because
a) updater.sh doesn't support repartitioning
b) the rootfs size is (IIRC) hardcoded into the kernel
lardman
But if you'd like to work on allowing the rootfs size to change (looking at what pdaX/cacko have used, etc., I'm sure people would be quite happy.

Si
CoreDump
QUOTE(lardman @ May 8 2006, 12:17 PM)
But if you'd like to work on allowing the rootfs size to change (looking at what pdaX/cacko have used, etc., I'm sure people would be quite happy.

Si

Heh, just be careful, updater.sh can be quite ugly laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.