Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual Boot - Zaurus Suite
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
Kitara
Hi all,

I'v been a Zaurus user since a half year now, and i checked this forum quite a few times. Currently i'm working on creating a zaurus suite, that installs both cacko and pdaxrom on the zaurus. I have tested this with the articles i found of it, and my testing went fine for about 90 percent. now i have a few questions regarding the other 10 percent.
ever since i formatted hdd3 to ext2 or 3 to put pdaxrom onto it, i get this error when booting Qtopia that says: "HDD3 ERROR!" then press ctrl+c to continue and when i mount it in the Qterminal it mounts fine, so where could this be? one of the init files that contains a mount option that specifies the type VFAT? if so, wich init file is it? Second is that since i have replaced the init file in /sbin of Qtopia, i can't write or delete anything in it, though i "mount =o remoun,rw /" it, it always gives an error "Can't Copy/Move/Delete because there is no disk space left", how is this possible? is it really full, or did i do something wrong? because i want to copy the pivot root file in there, but i can't. and what i founf more strange is that the pivot root isn't there, and still it boots Qtopia and it also still boots PdaXrom!

Another thing i would like to know is how to create my own setup like on pdaXrom, i figured to just change the HdImage.tgz file, but i place PdaXrom onto hdd3 meaning that the normal partition setup that you can do with the HD Utils in the setup tool won't work because it's another filesystem. and the scripts are in binary, i do not know anything about the system setup, so does anybody know where i can find "Create a Zaurus setup for starters" guide? Or anybody who knows the tricks?

Kind Regards
bam
1. hdd3 error, edit rcrofilesys, it specifies mounting vfat
2. /sbin in in root which is read only(part of the nand), so reflash cacko and make the root partition larger than 32mb, I made mine 35mb just for the extra slack space. But for you 40mb sounds like a better option.

and last, write a short how to on dual boot pdaxrom/cacko, been wanting to play with that for awhile now.
Kitara
QUOTE(bam @ May 23 2006, 07:53 PM)
1. hdd3 error, edit rcrofilesys, it specifies mounting vfat
2. /sbin in in root which is read only(part of the nand), so reflash cacko and make the root partition larger than 32mb, I made mine 35mb just for the extra slack space. But for you 40mb sounds like a better option.

and last, write a short how to on dual boot pdaxrom/cacko, been wanting to play with that for awhile now.
*


right, i was going to write a procedure manual and stuff like that, after i figured out how to do things right, now you say to format this, i donĀ“t have much expierence with fdisk, can you maybe describe step by step how to format this right? it would be really helpfull. I have a fromatting guide so i read the manual, but it would be better if you know step by step how to do it.

thx for your reply.
by the way i have a zaurus sl-c3000 , but maybe the dual boot would work for the c3100 too!
bam
ooof, I am not sure how to increase the size of the root partition for C3000, but maybe Meanie does....
Kitara
I just finished my beta testing for the 3d attempt (fully documented biggrin.gif ), and it works, if anyone wants i'l write a guide.

so my setup is as followed:

-hdd1 & hdd2 are cacko (standard cacko setup)
-hdd3 is FAT
-hdd4 is PdaXrom

with the current setup you can still save 3 gig with pc link on hdd3 and both cacko an pdaxrom can access this drive, a I also modified the rc.rofilesys on pdax to mount hdd3 automatically. this is a good setup, df -h reports that the 4th partition is about 500 megs, so i think that should be enough.
it took me i time to figure out the right way and setup but i got it.
bam
waiting for a guide, this is cool.
Cresho
yup! me too. Very curois to see other peoples setup.
Kitara
Yes, I merged several guides to fit my own needs, what i now want to do to finish the thing, is write my own installation procedure, so that the install script formats repartitions etc... and that i have a good to go dual boot. the only thing is i need to know how to convert shell scripts to binary and i need example setup scripts, for example the pdaxrom setup for the c3000 with the hdutils thing in it and etc.

guide coming soon!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.