Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures From My Kodak V550 To My C1000
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
tombraider
When I connect my Kodak V550 camera (great little camera BTW) to my C1000 via USB, it is recognized as picked up in the system info information but I can't "see" the files anywhere. How do I access pictures on the camera? Is it possible to transfer them to the Z???

Do I have to "mount" the device? If so, what would be the command line I would put in the console (I'm not a Linux person).

Thanks. dry.gif
tapjpa
Just type this in the console: mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbstorage

I have noticed sometimes when you first connect a device and run the above command it might give you an error that it was unable to mount but if you look it should be mounted.

A great source for related info is meanies doc he put together on his web site check out: http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/

Jim
tombraider
Heh, thanks, I just noticed the other thread on this subject.

I typed that line in and checked under mnt. The usbstorage folder appears there but inside the folder it says "notAvailable". I have a picture on the camera; how do I access it? Shouldn't the picture show up in the usbstorage folder?

Thanks.

QUOTE(tapjpa @ Jun 3 2006, 08:53 AM)
Just type this in the console: mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbstorage

I have noticed sometimes when you first connect a device and run the above command it might give you an error that it was unable to mount but if you look it should be mounted.

A great source for related info is meanies doc he put together on his web site check out: http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/

Jim
tapjpa
It should show your pics...

try umount /mnt/usbstorage, remove/ remount the camera, then run the mount again and see if it changes anything.
I have a V760 that works great with my C1000.

Jim
tombraider
When I tried the umount, I get Invalid argument. Then a remount doesn't fix it.

It's possible I am not following proper directions for the camera since I usually use the sd card to transfer pictures or the cradle so I'll check my Kodak camera instructions...when all else fails. smile.gif
Still getting a notAvailable in the usbstorage folder though.

QUOTE(tapjpa @ Jun 3 2006, 09:03 AM)
It should show your pics...

try umount /mnt/usbstorage, remove/ remount the camera, then run the mount again and see if it changes anything.
I have a V760 that works great with my C1000.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.