Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: File Encryption Tool
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Security and Networking
daniel3000
Hello,

what is the best file encryption tool either graphically for QTopia or on the console?

I'm thinking of a tool which lets me encrypt (using really strong encryption) single files or an entire directory at once, so that I can store sensitive data in that directory, which comes in different file formats (doc, mbox, txt, gif...)

Something I have to log in with a password or pass phrase, then the files are accessable, and afterwards I can manually log out of the directory / file or/and there is a timeout which locks the files again after some time.

What do you recommend?

Thanks
daniel
DaemonsGR
I suspect that you know GnuPG and its uses!?
daniel3000
QUOTE(DaemonsGR @ Jun 8 2006, 05:58 PM)
I suspect that you know GnuPG and its uses!?

Not exactly. I assume it is something like PGP?
A command line utility to encrypt files?
Is it easy to install and use?

thanks
daniel
SNi
Daniel,
If you mean like Securedrive or Securedevice on the HP200lx, then you can use Bestcrypt.... Read through this thread:

http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18726

SNi

QUOTE(daniel3000 @ Jun 8 2006, 07:53 AM)
Hello,
what is the best file encryption tool either graphically for QTopia or on the console?
I'm thinking of a tool which lets me encrypt (using really strong encryption) single files or an entire directory at once, so that I can store sensitive data in that directory, which comes in different file formats (doc, mbox, txt, gif...)
Something I have to log in with a password or pass phrase, then the files are accessable, and afterwards I can manually log out of the directory / file or/and there is a timeout which locks the files again after some time.
What do you recommend?
Thanks
daniel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.