Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kernel 2.6
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > 5x00 General discussions
masterofdisaster
Is there any hope that the "development" of the Linux Kernel 2.6 for Collie would ever be finished?
Hrw
one day it will be... but will there anyone use it...
chrisl
QUOTE(Hrw @ Jun 9 2006, 01:28 PM)
one day it will be... but will there anyone use it...

Some of us cannot afford to buy the more expensive Sharps. Moreover, more and more 5500s are making their way into eBay, amazon.com and other non-traditional verdors of technology.. So, in short, there will be plenty to use it. (and very thankful too)

Chris--
Cresho
i still have mines as a backup
zenyatta
Oh boy,

looks like I haven't visited OESF since May 2005. Time flies.

Anyway: I would also love to have a 2.6-based distro on my Collie. If I remember correctly there was always a problem with the SD card driver - it was a closed-source module from Sharp and they refused to release the code or any specs. Is this still a problem or has there been some progress?

Cheers,
z.
Hrw
I can add collie to list of machines supported in OZ 3.5.4.2 - which will be experimental release with 2.6 kernel for tosa/poodle/collie.
chrisl
QUOTE(Hrw @ Aug 4 2006, 02:51 AM)
I can add collie to list of machines supported in OZ 3.5.4.2 - which will be experimental release with 2.6 kernel for tosa/poodle/collie.

Very much appreciated! By the way, I was on the SL-5500 forums on yahoo, and it appears there is a migration to OZ by many of the users. I suspect the need will become even greater as the Sharp ROM gets more antiquated.

Chris--
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.