Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sl5500 Smoked
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > 5x00 Hardware
rafm
How did it happen: I connected a car lighter adapter, after a minute the adapter started to smoke. After that the Zaurus does not start and the battery cannot be charged.

Symptoms:
* No reaction after pressing "cancel"
* When the power cable is connected, no led is lit
* The battery does not seem to get charged (I measured about 1V on the battery connectors when the power cable is plugged)
* The battery works properly (checked in another Zaurus)

Does anyone know what could get burned? Is it possible to fix it, or I should start looking for a new Z on eBay?
miskinis
It's a new trend in portable computing, like the following:

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/laptops/del...ames-182257.php

They called it a "thermal incident" (reminiscent of a wardrobe malfunction).

Sorry to hear about your 5500...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2015 Invision Power Services, Inc.