Here is my situation: my last mp3 player was an iaudio x5, and i loved it, however it was recently stolen, so im looking for a new media device. I have decided that i could put out enough money to get the 100 gig version of the archos av500, but i have a few questions about it before i commit to this investment. sorry if these have already been answered, or if they seem stupid, but i want to hear teh answers from real people who have used the device, not company specs because those seem to always be wrong.
1. are there any major problems with this player that i am overlooking, or any big flaws with it?
2. is the software easy to use, or do you have to go through a huge process for video conversions? (like with the x5)
3. is the picture quality really as sharp and good as they say, and is the contrast good, even at a slight angle?
4. is the backlight sufficient with lots of ambient light?
5. Should i buy an extra battery, or is there some sort of charger that can hold regulr AA batteries?
6. How is the battery life for music/movies
7. is the tv recording quality good? i have heard about it cutting off the heads of people, is there anyway around that? and does it do that for movies as well?
8. can movies play subtitles?
9. are there dead pixel problems out of the box, like with psps?
10. what is the best case to get?
11. are there any similar players that you would recommend over this one, or any that are coming out soon that i should wait for?
12. how much room does the average 2 hour movie take up, after conversions?
I know thats a lot of questions, but im the kind of person who makes sure they know exactly what they are buying beforehand, especially for something this expensive.
thanks for the help
I almost forgot, is there gapless playback? for playing a whole cd, does it pause between songs, or if a movie is too big for one file, does it pause while loading the next video file, or does it play smooth like a normal movie?