Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: U-boot
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
louigi600
I downloaded u-boot-2006-04-18-1106.tar.bz2 and u-boot-2006-04-18-1106.diff.bz2.
I attempted to build it using cross-sdk-armv5tel-cacko-linux-3.4.6-2.2.5-softfloat.tar.bz2 with the addition of libiconv.so.2 (I'm a slackware user).
I tested the build environment by making the classic "Hello World" program for my Z ... and it worked ok.
I then attempted to build u-boot and had partial success: I did get the 3 images (bin elf and s-record) but the size was a little bigger that the one that comes with pdaxrom1.1.0-beta4 (my u-boot.bin is130592 while the original one is 130568).
I decided to attempted to write it to flash anyway, in the exact same position where the previos u-boot.bin was written, (with just those few extra bytes at the end).
nandlogical /dev/mtd1 WRITE 0 130592 u-boot.bin.new
I got no errors but the c760 no longer booted (I hadto reinstall the beta4 u-boot using C+D).

Anyone have any ideas what I did wrong ?

Regards
David
louigi600
Well I did 2 things and I got going:
1)Redownloaded the patch (with the new root selection stuff ... really handy)
2)Moved sdk frm a virtual machine to host operating system (not sure if this has any influence)

and now the u-boot.bin I'm building is working fine.

Regards
David
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.