Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Webserver Apache Or Appweb
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
seth
Is there any way to get a webserver like apache or appweb working with openzaurus. I know that appweb is in the feed, but it doesn't work. Also I read that for some reason apache can not be crosscompiled. If someone could come up with a step by step guide to compiling apache natively or even better a list of packages needed to be installed with a shell script that would perform the steps that would help those of us who don't know how and we would learn quite a bit in the process. I had LAMP working with pdaxrom, but I would like to be able to do this on the new (2.6) kernel.
koen
QUOTE(seth @ Jul 13 2006, 04:04 PM)
Is there any way to get a webserver like apache or appweb working with openzaurus. I know that appweb is in the feed, but it doesn't work. Also I read that for some reason apache can not be crosscompiled. If someone could come up with a step by step guide to compiling apache natively or even better a list of packages needed to be installed with a shell script that would perform the steps that would help those of us who don't know how and we would learn quite a bit in the process. I had LAMP working with pdaxrom, but I would like to be able to do this on the new (2.6) kernel.

Try cherokee, that should work with php, but I'm not sure it it's in the feeds yet. And FWIW, busybox' httpd supports php in 1.2.0.
seth
Thanks, but Cherokee is not in the feeds. How can I get it on my Akita ? Also the current version of busybox in openzaurus is 1.00 so I guess it will be a while before php can be run with openzaurus.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.