Feb 28 2004, 02:38 PM
Well, I installed the cross compiler environment (gcc 2.95.2) for arm-linux (since I'm running OZ 3.2) and the compile for SDL 1.2.7 goes rather well, everything goes fine, except that I'm left with libSDL.a (2MB files), libSDL.la, and libSDLmail.a. MY guess is it's a linker problem... Anyone know where I should start looking?
Feb 28 2004, 02:39 PM
Check the .libs directory, the shared libraries are properly there.
Feb 28 2004, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the reply, but that's where the .a and .la files are. I tried again with only --target=arm-linux --host=arm-linux as options for the configure script (it guesses the build correctly) and without any SDL related options and the same happens, it's rather odd and annoying...
Something possible, when setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH, it'll then use the glibc from the arm-linux directories and mucks up when trying any command (I'm using gentoo and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn't even set to anything to begin with, maybe it does things differently than what I'm used too).
If anyone's got a solution, or just an idea, don't be shy...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here