Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Qtopia Compilation/ Link Error
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > Qt/Qtopia
I tried to execute a sample Qtopia app..
My main.cpp contains

#include <qtopia/qpeapplication.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
QPEApplication a(argc, argv);

return a.exec();

When i make the above code i get the following error :

g++: -lqte: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++ -o testapp .obj/debug-shared/main.o -L/opt/Qtopia/lib -lqte
.obj/debug-shared/main.o(.text+0x1f): In function `main':
/opt/Qtopia/examples/testapp/main.cpp:29: undefined reference to `QPEApplication::QPEApplication[in-charge](int&, char**, QApplication::Type)'
.obj/debug-shared/main.o(.text+0x2e):/opt/Qtopia/examples/testapp/main.cpp:32: undefined reference to `QPEApplication::exec()'
.obj/debug-shared/main.o(.text+0x3f):/opt/Qtopia/examples/testapp/main.cpp:32: undefined reference to `QPEApplication::~QPEApplication [in-charge]()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [testapp] Error 1

I ve got libqte present in my lib dir.. Still the problem persists.. What could be the reason..
plz help

QUOTE(obscurite @ Nov 10 2004, 02:15 AM)
Just a followup. I have gotten the example application to compile and run on my C860 after spending most of the day banging my head against my desk.

If anyone needs a hand, I'll try and help.

The gist of it was, use the and files from the HOWTO, but use the qtopia 1.7 sdk. Since I improperly removed 1.5 before installing 1.7, I got all kinds of BS, until I got rid of them both completely and forced a reinstall of the 1.7 rpm. Then, although I could compile for x86, compiling for arm gave me all kinds of reference undefined errors. I had to add libs in the tmake.conf (thankfully I found a post in google cache that lead me to it), and then finally it compiled for arm, but wouldn't run on the C860. I had to remove -lqtopia from the tmake.conf.

Now I'm flying high, with the equivalent of hello world running on my z! wink.gif

Good luck.

you need to link to libqpe and possibly libqtopia as well.
QUOTE(lpotter @ Jul 25 2006, 12:16 AM)
you need to link to libqpe and possibly libqtopia as well.

Maybe, this is the same problem as I had.
The Qtopia 1.7 SDK binares compiled with gcc 3.3.5 i.e. we don't need gcc 2.95 for linux native compilation.
Solution: if you need to delete path to the gcc 2.95 from PATH variable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2015 Invision Power Services, Inc.