Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flash Player With Firefox
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
VirtusRex
Hello all,

Could someone post the steps on how to add flash player plugin to firefox 1.5?

Thanks,

Virtusrex
samot
I thought that was not posible... flash is not opensource and macromedia has not delivered an arm version of flash (not even a linux PPC version).
miskinis
Yeh, I ran into the same thing trying to get a usable shockwave plugin sad.gif
I suspect it could be that this will never be available, and prevents LINUX
from being used a web-browsing client for sites that embed flash/shockwave
stuff. Perhaps a "Boycott flash/shockwave" effort should arise. smile.gif smile.gif
maystorm
As far as I know there are open source projects available. IIRC their names are "gplflash" and "gnash". You may want to search these forums for these keywords in order to find out whether somebody succeeded to compile them on Zauri.
anunakin
QUOTE(VirtusRex @ Aug 5 2006, 02:38 PM)
Hello all,

Could someone post the steps on how to add flash player plugin to firefox 1.5?

Thanks,

Virtusrex

QUOTE(samot @ Aug 5 2006, 09:25 PM)
I thought that was not posible... flash is not opensource and macromedia has not delivered an arm version of flash (not even a linux PPC version).

QUOTE(miskinis @ Aug 6 2006, 03:59 AM)
Yeh, I ran into the same thing trying to get a usable shockwave plugin sad.gif
I suspect it could be that this will never be available, and prevents LINUX
from being used a web-browsing client for sites that embed flash/shockwave
stuff.  Perhaps a "Boycott flash/shockwave" effort should arise. smile.gif smile.gif

QUOTE(maystorm @ Aug 6 2006, 10:58 AM)
As far as I know there are open source projects available. IIRC their names are "gplflash" and "gnash". You may want to search these forums for these keywords in order to find out whether somebody succeeded to compile them on Zauri.

We have some sucess with gplflash, look here:
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...126&hl=gplflash

But gnash, not work, because it uses OpenGL... and Xfree at pdaXrom, not have OpenGL enabled...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.