Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Netgear 802.11b Wireless Adapter
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Security and Networking
Legodude522
I'm having trouble on getting it to access my network. I put in all the info and it tries to get on my network but says it is offline. Lights turn on and all. Then when I go to Wireless Monitor it says wireless device not installed even though it is recognised as a Netgear Wireless card.

ROM: Cacko
Da_Blitz
it happens, the card is most likly fired

see if it still works in monitor mode or ad-hoc, if it does then its a definte on destroying the card however if you con flash the firmware on a laptop you might be able to fix it
Legodude522
This is a new card.
InSearchOf
Ebay new? lol...

I seems as if it is faulty... i dont have this card so I cant vouche for the compatibility... but it could be a software issue...

Late
Da_Blitz
i have had , one lasted about 3 months from when i boght it but didnt use it at all and the second died after about a week

it use to make my screen go white and return to normal when i pulled it, from that i gather that somthing in the firmeware goes wrong and the thing short circuits itself
Legodude522
QUOTE(InSearchOf @ Aug 7 2006, 10:20 PM)
Ebay new? lol...

I seems as if it is faulty... i dont have this card so I cant vouche for the compatibility... but it could be a software issue...

Late
Yeah, eBay. Dammit, this is my 2nd card.

I was reading earlier about changing the wireless configurations on the Zaurus. I might just reflash for OpenZaurus and try that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2015 Invision Power Services, Inc.