Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advices For Wifi Cf C1000
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 Hardware
gettons1980
Hello to everybody, I'm going to buy a cf wireless adaptor for my new pretty sl-c1000.
For now I've installed the sharp original rom, but I wish to install others roms in future...
I wish to know some models that users can reccomend to me ..
I need a cf wireless adaptor that run without problems onto my sharp original rom and also if possible on the most part of the other roms...( Cacko , pdaxrom and openzaurus...)
Is there a cf wireless that runs on all the roms for the c1000?
Or, there is one that runs on many roms if nor in all roms?

Thanks a lot.

Tommy
HoloVector
QUOTE(gettons1980 @ Aug 18 2006, 01:19 PM)
Hello to everybody, I'm going to buy a cf wireless adaptor for my new pretty sl-c1000.
For now I've installed the sharp original rom, but I wish to install others roms in future...
I wish to know some models that users can reccomend to me ..
I need a cf wireless adaptor that run without problems onto my sharp original rom and also if possible on the most part of the other roms...( Cacko , pdaxrom and openzaurus...)
Is there a cf wireless that runs on all the roms for the c1000?
Or, there is one that runs on many roms if nor in all roms?

Thanks a lot.

Tommy

I recommend a Symbol Spectrum24 Wireless Networker. It has worked fine for me with SharpROM, Cacko and OZ(hentges). It is also supported in PdaXRom but, I haven't test it yet. It is also sold as the Socket Low Power WLAN Rev. A card.
gettons1980
thanks, i've noticed that in the compaitibility list all che cf are old cards.

It's not easy to find now these models, and are all b mode and not wireless ...

Is there any newer model easy to find out?

THANKS
Da_Blitz
there is a compatability guide at oesf.org, just hunt around the wiki

basically if its 802.11B it will most likly work, avoid the netgear stuff as i have blown up 2 cards

and last but not least if it works with sharp rom then it is likly that it works better in the other distros wink.gif

i would give you the link to the wifi campatability page however i managed to stuff up my mouse support when i upgaded my PC and things such as copy and paste are difficult with elinks without a mouse however look in the general hardware section as there was a post the other day about it where i posted the correct links
gettons1980
Oh thanks, I've just read that compatibility list, and now I'm bidding an auction on ebay to feed a LINKSYS WCF12
But as I wrote above they are all old typo of CF, very difficult to find...
gettons1980
oH, yes, I've jus find another wifi cf
the dlink DCF-660W
so I must decide beetween DCF-660W and Linksys WCF12
Which one is most supported ? rolleyes.gif
HoloVector
QUOTE(gettons1980 @ Aug 19 2006, 03:23 PM)
oH, yes, I've jus find another wifi cf
the dlink DCF-660W
so I must decide beetween DCF-660W and Linksys WCF12
Which one is most supported ? rolleyes.gif

I've read several reports on this forum of the Dlink's dying. Also, the Dlink is massive in size. I would choose the Linksys if I were you.
gettons1980
Oh thanks , I think I should get a Linksys cf

thanks for your advices
ljonesj
i got a planex card when i included it when i purchased my 3200 a few weeks ago from conics.net it seems to work well for me but i heard of it givving problems to others thou
John Galt
QUOTE(ljonesj @ Aug 20 2006, 10:29 PM)
i got a planex card when i included it when i purchased my 3200 a few weeks ago from conics.net it seems to work well for me but i heard of it givving problems to others thou

I have been using an AmbiCom (WL1100C-CF) for more than a year which I picked up very inexpensively at Circuit City. It's been working without any issues on the original Sharp ROM.
cpulster
I am selling a Wifi-CF-card from PLANEX for 59 eur and it works fine with SharpROM and Cacko:
http://www.pulster.de/engl/index.html?d__c...r_Zaurus551.htm

Christoph
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.