I'm just curious about how I'd go about mounting on a OS X system w/ my SL-5500. I'm aware that OSX runs unix in the background, so I'm assuming it's rather similar to mounting onto a linux machine. Anyhow, has anyone done this and possibly give me some direction?
I have not tried to mount an OS X drive on the Zaurus - but the other way works pretty well as there is an integrated SMB server in the Zaurus in ROM 3.10. So you need at least that Sharp ROM (ROM 2.36 or 2.38 won't work).
1. install the USB driver on the Mac (look at ZUG HowTos)
2. in Finder select "Open Sever"
3. type "smb://zaurus" (this is valid for the SL-5500)
4. select any user name and leave password open
5. after confiming some other windows, MacOS X will mount the Zaurus - but it is NOT the root directory of the Zaurus but you can add a symbolic link to the directory that is mounted (I think it is /home/samba)
But be aware about some issues: if either the Zaurus or a Powerbook goes to sleep mode - the connection will be lost and Finder does not properly unmount.
You can not copy/create links/symblic links on the mounted device through the Finder.
I have experienced an error message that there is not enough room on a mounted SD flash card - but only for one specific file! Other files, I could easily copy to the SD. And through FTP I also could copy that file.