I've now had my C3200 for a couple of days after waiting intently since ordering from Conics 2 weeks ago. I'd recommend using Conics as they are very friendly and good at emailing, and the wait was mainly down to customs etc.
I played with Sharprom for about an hour before I decided to go ahead and flash with pdaxrom - There was a huge learning curve, mainly because the information needed is spread across the net, but with help from the OESF forums, pdaxrom documentation, Zaurus wiki's, and meanie's handy customization tips, I'm getting there.
Here are my observations:
1. I've reflashed pdaxrom about 4 times now, and it's strange, each time it installs a different set of default applications - or at least, links to them - I had about 5 games at first, and on my recent install there is only one.
2. Now discovered to do one thing at a time - 1 package etc. and take it slow, running before you can walk has landed my on my face several times.
3. Turning on from cold - this is very scary, sometimes I just can't get the machine to power on, I've tried all steps I have heard, battery out for 5 secs, reset button, holding d+b when power on etc. but sometimes I just have to keep doing random things and hitting the power button before I will get any life out of it - strange.
4. Discovered that the suspend actually works perfectly, at first I thought it was broken but when resuming you must press the power button and wait - it will stay on a black screen for a couple of seconds before resuming
5. Some apps are sloooooow to load - I was hoping to be able to use firefox, but it takes an age to load and isn't very responsive once it's up - the only alternatives I can find is mozilla (same deal) and the default dillo, which is quite nice, but not very advanced - no css etc. Also the virtual keyboard is slow to load which is annoying.
6. I cannot get my .bash_profile working, I just want to add ~/bin to the path so that I can use my shell scripts and aliases.
7. Must get used to installing packages with "ipkg -d ide3 install <packagename>", it's daft that the default is the / partition which has no space... will look into setting a default or making an alias
8. Changing resolution to 320x240 using the command "xrandr -s 1" works a treat, but changing back makes half the task bar dissappear, so you can't see the clock etc.
9. Rox filer is very useful, the default desktop was useless and I still can't work out how to add/remove icons from the menu. I think they should make ROX the default.
10. Snes9x emulator works very nicely when you use low res mode - I was very surprised to see it running so nice
11. Have added a new user in /etc/passwd but using this to login doesn't allow to run X
--- more to follow ---