Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We Have 10000 Registered Members!
OESF Forums > Everything Else > Site Specific Forums > Site Suggestions, Requests, and Updates
InSearchOf
Even though the last user created was used for spam... but hey... 10,000 is 10,000

Late
Cresho
YEY for 10000!

BOOOOOO FOR THE SPAMMER!!!
bam
10k members, maybe around 200 really active and helpful, what an administrative headache.
dougeeebear
QUOTE(bam @ Aug 23 2006, 05:05 PM)
10k members, maybe around 200 really active and helpful, what an administrative headache.
I don't see the adminstrators complaining.
bam
they may not complain, but it's still a headache...trust me, I've been there and done that. /me takes some asprin
tapjpa
If it wasn't for the spammers this would be a cake walk!
Going through the recent new membership a major portion of the new members the past month have been spammers.

But like cresho said it's still 10K users!!!
Never thought this site would become so popular when ORG and me started this out a few years ago.
But it has been a lot of fun and very rewarding.

Jim
dz
Eventually, I'm just gonna run a SQL query that deletes any members that have been suspended or haven't logged on in less than a year. That should give us a more accurate count of our membership.

But yes, 10k is nice smile.gif
Cresho
hmm...make sure you add that to the sign on so people are aware of the member deletion

will posts be deleted as well or remain>?
tapjpa
I just switched the sites user validation over from email validation to the user to Admin validation.
Going to be a bit more work but hopefully we can weed out the spammers.
Da_Blitz
i cant belive that we have had that many people want to be part of the "in" crowd smile.gif

how long has the site been going for now, im just wondering how many people per day we get trying to sign up

one thing i did notice is the amount of posts by the number one poster > 1% of the total posts, i wos quite supprised at that as its over 4000 posts, makes you think twice about how much content is on this board and puts my total posts in perspective (still aiing for 1000 smile.gif)
tapjpa
QUOTE(Da_Blitz @ Aug 24 2006, 10:45 AM)
i cant belive that we have had that many people want to be part of the "in" crowd smile.gif

how long has the site been going for now, im just wondering how many people per day we get trying to sign up

one thing i did notice is the amount of posts by the number one poster > 1% of the total posts, i wos quite supprised at that as its over 4000 posts, makes you think twice about how much content is on this board and puts my total posts in perspective (still aiing for 1000 smile.gif)

See my info on the right, I'm user number 3 admin is 1, ORG is 2.....

From what I see we get approx 10 new users a day lately.
dz
QUOTE(Cresho @ Aug 23 2006, 10:46 PM)
hmm...make sure you add that to the sign on so people are aware of the member deletion

will posts be deleted as well or remain>?

I will definitely inform people, although I'd imagine if they're signed on to where they can see it then I don't think they have to worry about having their account deleted smile.gif

I will not be deleting the posts whatsoever. No matter how old they are, they can always come in handy.
bluedevils
we have a dyslexic admin? smile.gif

QUOTE(tapjpa @ Aug 24 2006, 03:43 PM)

tapjpa
QUOTE(bluedevils @ Aug 24 2006, 07:05 PM)
we have a dyslexic admin?  smile.gif

QUOTE(tapjpa @ Aug 24 2006, 03:43 PM)

I am dyslexic not wink.gif
bam
hey any chance in getting a sql dump of the wiki? it'd be great for a mobile copy...just some ideas/suggestions...

but really I think people in general are beginning to catch up to technology. I bet alot of IT industry people would argue that point.... smile.gif
harvell
Imagine all the people who reference the site but don't actually have a username. Back when I primarily used my 5500 I referenced this site for about a year and a half before I actually created a username.
Cresho
I use to pop in and out. I forgot how i ran into this site. REally, what was the usual hangout place? I remember zaurii website with a forum but its gone.
Greg2
QUOTE(Cresho @ Aug 25 2006, 02:13 PM)
I use to pop in and out.  I forgot how i ran into this site.  REally, what was the usual hangout place?  I remember zaurii website with a forum but its gone.

It was the old dev.net, and if not for OFG and his kindness... well I doubt that the Z would have remained this popular in the US, or even survived in the USA.

The 'fact' is that the devs that 'complain' about this site would not have 'many' users to develop for 'without' this site... and I doubt that Sharp would sell as many Z's.

Thanks Michael aka OFG,

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.