Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found an eBay Store with Zaurii (HE'S BACK!!!)
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Deals and Great Z Buys
Pages: 1, 2
steven999
Just found this store while browsing eBay:

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=8748553&ssPageName=L2

They've got a C860 for $685.00 US and C750 for $524.80. (S&H looks to be $35 to US).

I don't know much about this company, but I thought those of you out there looking for a new Zaurus Clamshell might be interested to check it out.

steven

p.s. - I have no affiliation with the eBay store and have no idea as the the dealer's authenticity.
zmike
Bought my SL-C860 from him (outside of Ebay though). Shipped in 5 days and negotiated with me for two units - gave a discount on shipping 2 units instead of one. No complaints!
ArchiMark
Hi,

I just got a C860 from him too....

Very good to deal with.

Would have bought again from Brett at Conics, but he was out of town when I emailed him to order...

HTH,

Mark
awh
Bought my SL-C860 from him (outside of Ebay though). Shipped in 5 days and negotiated with me for two units - gave a discount on shipping 2 units instead of one. No complaints!

Did you have to pay custom duties?
ArchiMark
I just paid shipping fee (to California)...

He used EMS Speed Post...like USPS Express Mail....

Can track in USPS online sytem once it reaches US.

Was very quick...

HTH,

Mark
vishnja
I also bought my Zaurus from him. Very nice and professional guy.
Tracking is possible, shipping took 5 days. To a friend in Germany 7 days.
Though in Europe I still had to pay custom, even when the declaration was "gift".
Joshp
./
ArchiMark
Luckily, haven't had to use warranty!

However, the seller said if I sent him the Z he'd send it to his contacts in Japan. I assume that I'd pay shipping costs to Japan at least...

HTH,

Mark
GMan
I bought my C860 from this guy for $685.00 shipped:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=38331

I received it fairly quickly after he sent it (I think it took less than a week from the time I won the auction).
yodabob
Bought my C-860 from this guy, very good to deal with and very responsive.

http://stores.ebay.com/K-YA-Gaia-Nonlocal-Correlations
charlesa
Hi -

Interested to see you're all had a good experience with him. I have been trying to email this guy and place an order...but he isn't responding to my messages via his ebay ID. Does anyone have his direct email?

Thx.
vishnja
Be patient, I'm sure, he will answer very soon. Also there is the time difference...

I don't know, whether it's okay to post his email, I'll send you a pm.

K
Joshp
Do any of these sellers help you if whan you get you new Z, something busted?

JP
vishnja
Yeah, they will, but you'll have the shipping costs and a weird feeling of parting with "your precious" and sending it into the world ;-)
DrWowe
Yeah, they will, but you'll have the shipping costs and a weird feeling of parting with "your precious" and sending it into the world ;-)

I would say, they might, but there's no guarentee. "Caveat Emptor"
dh
Just found this store while browsing eBay:

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=8748553&ssPageName=L2

They've got a C860 for $685.00 US and C750 for $524.80.  (S&H looks to be $35 to US).  

I ordered a C860 today. Can't wait to get it because my PPC has gotten to the point where it's just as I want it, ie boring.
whit
Bought my C-860 from this guy, very good to deal with and very responsive.
http://stores.ebay.com/K-YA-Gaia-Nonlocal-Correlations

Odd. Based on the experiences here, and the 100% positive feedback on eBay from 100+ sales, I bought and paid for an 860 from him on the 11th. He claimed on the page he'd ship, with tracking number, within two days. But I haven't heard from him at all, even though I've sent him several e-mails both through eBay and directly to his hotmail address, the first right after the purchase.

Being late in sending isn't a big thing, but not even communicating is not good business practice. I'll let y'all know if he comes through soon with some apology. It's been a long time since I've bought anything over the Net without immediate confirmation from the seller. A bit disturbing to have all that money out there and not the simplest courtesy from the merchant.
BalroG
Hi Whit

I have also ordered a C860 from this guy, my money is now on it's way to him - can't stop it anymore. Problem is that for the last 3 days he has not responded on any of my e-mails either.

In the beginning his communication was excellent, but the last 3 days just NOTHING! I am getting very worried that we have been ripped off - let's hope not.

The other disturbing thing is that the C860 is not being advertised on his eBay store anymore. I don't understand it - this guy got good "reviews" from the ppl on this forum, therefore the reason I decided to order from him.

I can't wait to get my hands on my newly ordered C860, but this whole situation is unnerving me. I thing if I heard nothing by tomorrow, I will start posting a "Neutral" comment on his eBay store regarding the communication and maybe take it further after that.

I really hope he is just very busy or something came up that caused him not to answer our e-mails. Let's hope our new toys will be shipped as promised.
BalroG
*BUMP*

Whit any news from "K"? Have you recieved your C860 yet? I have sent multiple e-mails and still no reply from him.

Does anybody know this guy personally? Although I guess there are not a lot of Japanese readers here (except maybe Stubear?).

UGH, no money, no C860, NOT happy....
whit
Whit any news from "K"? Have you recieved your C860 yet? I have sent multiple e-mails and still no reply from him.

No news. If you retrieve eBay's contact info on him, they think he's in Virginia - but clearly he's in Japan. I asked eBay if they had a Japan address for him (since it's against their stated policy not to list the current address), and I just got back a form letter that doesn't speak to this problem at all.

Do we just get to post one eBay feedback per transaction? If you're inclined to go neutral soon, I'll go negative a few days later. There aren't many legitimate circumstances where someone just can't get to their e-mail for more than a day or two - especially with business involved. (He can do it with his PDA, right?) But I'll happily accept a good excuse from him if he straightens all this out in a hurry now.
BalroG
Hi Whit

I have his street address, and the street address of his bank(I can PM it to you if you want, and yes, both in Japan) - but how will this help us? (Hmmm, OK, who has contacts in the Japanese mafia for some debt-collecting? :-) )

I don't know how the feedback works on eBay, will give it a shot on Monday - I'll give him until then to at least respond to say what is going on. It's stange, he really was very helpful before he fell totally silent. I hope he has a really good excuse and that our deals can be concluded amicably. Nobody wants a drama where money and Zaurii are concerned :-).

The other thing that concerns me is that the C860 does not appear on his eBay store anymore.

Anyway, best of luck, please post here if you hear from him, I will do the same.

Cheers!!
DrWowe
I don't think ebay lets you change your feedback after its given. Best to wait until you're sure.
whit
Hey BalroG,

Knowing his street address in Japan doesn't do much except maybe help show that he's violated eBay's terms of service (arguably on a technicality). No idea whether that can motivate eBay to actually step into the middle on this. I paid by credit card through PayPal - which claims to insure $500 of the transaction with him (he's in their favored category). I imagine somewhere in my agreement with PayPal it says I can't just challenge the whole credit card payment? And here you are out cash, maybe. It's annoying to start thinking strategy for worst-case scenarios just because someone doesn't even bother to send a plausible stalling excuse. Since he's not advertising more Zs, my guess is he's lost his line of supply, and didn't really have the two he sold us in hand yet. Still, any excuse while he finds a new wholesaler (or whatever he's doing) would be better than silence.

Off to worry about more worthy things....
BalroG
Hi Whit

I got info that he might be indisposed temporarily due to health reasons(and this apparently has happened before) - so for the time being I will be patient and wait to hear from him.

Will let you know as soon as new info becomes available.
dh
Hi Whit

I got info that he might be indisposed temporarily due to health reasons(and this apparently has happened before) - so for the time being I will be patient and wait to hear from him.

Will let you know as soon as new info becomes available.

I'm sure that something like this is the problem. He got my payment last Friday and told me he would ship in two business days so I was expecting him to ship Tuesday. That day my 860 actually arrived.

I sent my payment by money order, so if he wanted to steal it, mine would have been easier than folks paying with Paypal.

Don't worry too much about him not having an 860 in his store. He seems to only have a few at a time and the total goes down with each order.
BalroG
Hi dh

Thanks for the info, it is good to know he has a good reputation and that you had a very positive experience. I had to send money via international money order as well(don't have a choice, due to strict control of money leaving the country).

I noticed the items that are not appearing in the store anymore were auction items and the auctions have ended, so that might explain it. He probably has not update his store recently either. Hope he is OK.

Anyway, the waiting continues.....
whit
I'm sure that something like this is the problem. He got my payment last Friday and told me he would ship in two business days so I was expecting him to ship Tuesday. That day my 860 actually arrived.

Reassuring, yes. Too bad about his health - but I understand how this can be exactly the sort of business to run when you're not at 100%.

If, when he does return to the shop, he just checks all his e-mail before shipping stuff off. I updated my address with eBay just before putting in the order, but eBay's systems aren't that well coordinated, evidently, since the order went in with my old address attached to it. So my worry about his replying to e-mail is in part a worry about his getting my note about eBay's screw-up about my address before he ships.

This is my first purchase through eBay, and I'm way underimpressed - not just with their slow database updates or poor site design either. Turns out that the "$200" or "$500" guarantee PayPal offers on transactions - not that I expect to need it this time - is minus a "$25 processing cost". If eBay/PayPal itself was honest, they'd call it a "$175" or "$475" guarantee. Doesn't set a good example for their sellers when they indulge in stuff like this, does it? Sigh.

Since K is basically running a shop more than an auction business anyway, wonder if he'd be better off on Yahoo? My dealings with various shops they host have all gone smoothly, and their system technically works well.
DrWowe
ebay sucks. I refuse to buy anything from ebay unless the price differential massively overcompensates for the annoyance factor. Which, sadly, is far too often.
whit
Boy does eBay suck. At the beginning of this process I'd queried them about whether they had any contact info in Japan for K, since their system has him as being in Virginia. This resulted in several disconnected form e-mails from them, one of which said in effect, We'll look into it and may suspend him if we can't confirm a current address. By then I'd heard he may be ill, so I immediately sent them a request not to do that, since he may be out of touch for a bit. Of course the first response to that was another disconnected form letter; and when I emphasized it again, another disconnected fom letter. They must have hundreds of illiterate kids paid by how many "responses" they can send per minute rather than whether they actually take care of anything adequately. Hope this doesn't end up with K's account being suspended just because eBay is totally half-assed and doesn't have anyone who can read.

Update: Finally got a response from eBay from someone who actually read my e-mail, that they would wait a bit. Whew!
whit
If someone can pm me K's postal address I'll be much obliged. I figure since I'm not hearing from him yet at all he must be seriously indisposed. It's more likely that friends and family may be helping him with regular mail than with e-mail, and I'd like to make some sort of connection with somebody now that my money's out the door.
Omicron
Hi -

Interested to see you're all had a good experience with him. I have been trying to email this guy and place an order...but he isn't responding to my messages via his ebay ID. Does anyone have his direct email?

Thx.

I bought mine from him as well. And although it is his personal business, I want to calm the waters and mention he does have health issues from time to time. He really is a great guy and I am sure he will make everything right. I knew before I bought that he might get laid up again, but I bought from him anyways...happened that he was fine throughout.

I know you guys are all being as patient as you can be, and I know itis alot of money. Please just give him a little more time to come around and I think everything will work out fine.

I guess it is worth mentioning that his selling is to support his health concern, so please do not give him a bad rap for that. If the foot was on the other shoe, we would all do the same. I am certain this came on unexpectedly or he would have stopped your payments immediately.

His email is a problem in that it is hotmail and has limited space, and I just checked and he is over his limit (this happened to him when he was working on my sale too). So none of your emails are maiking it through.

To be sure, just send to kaysuke@hotmail.com

Please try to stay calm, and don't do anything rash, except perhaps constructive critism when he returns, so he can avoid unhappy customers. He really is a NICE guy and in a very tough spot.

I have no way of knowing of course, but it did not *seem* life threatening if that is of any consolation...it is just that when he is laid up, he is REALLY laid up...

Hope this helps.
Omicron
If someone can pm me K's postal address I'll be much obliged. I figure since I'm not hearing from him yet at all he must be seriously indisposed. It's more likely that friends and family may be helping him with regular mail than with e-mail, and I'd like to make some sort of connection with somebody now that my money's out the door.

I *think* I can find that for you. But I will have to dig through my paperwork (well, find it and then dig smile.gif ) I honestly cant't remember if I kept the Mail label, beucause I threw out the shipping box.

I will PM you once I have somehting to see if you still need it.
Omicron
UPDATE, I Got a real small message through and told him to POST here as soon as he returns.

The fact that I got a message through was becuase the email was very short and to the point.

I tried a larger email and got the "mailbox too full message"
BalroG
Hi Omicron

Still waiting patiently, although burning up to hold my "precious" in my grubby paws! biggrin.gif

Please let us know if you hear any more news.

Cheers!!
whit
I *think* I can find that for you. But I will have to dig through my paperwork (well, find it and then dig smile.gif ) I honestly cant't remember if I kept the Mail label, beucause I threw out the shipping box.

Thanks Omicron, not to worry on that - I've got the address from another source and am sending off a letter today, just on the belt-and-suspenders principle.
BalroG
Hi Omicron

Before his mailbox got full, I got a few e-mail through requesting that my payment be confirmed....jadda,jadda. It's just that there has not been any replies to my e-mails.

*SIGH* Let's hope he returns over the weekend.
Omicron

Thanks Omicron, not to worry on that - I've got the address from another source and am sending off a letter today, just on the belt-and-suspenders principle.

That isa great idea. He is a great and patient seller (will spend weelks answering questions...trust me , I know smile.gif )

But you are absolututely right, he needs a back up person, at the VERY least to respond to emails and calm the customers (although I think a backup should be ble to finish the transaction too).
Omicron
Hi Omicron

Before his mailbox got full, I got a few e-mail through requesting that my payment be confirmed....jadda,jadda. It's just that there has not been any replies to my e-mails.

*SIGH* Let's hope he returns over the weekend.

Well, all I can guess is that he got sick before his mailbox got full....you emails are pobably still waiting there.

BTW, I am waiting for him to come back to translate the entire warranty card (and reciept) for warranty submission purposes. If anyone already has this, please PM me.
Omicron
Looks like email is back...I take it he has sent everyone updates on shipping?

If so, please post here, so we can restore his reputatuon to some degree.

Thanks,
O
whit
Looks like email is back...I take it he has sent everyone updates on shipping?

Haven't heard zilch yet. Thanks for checking that though. Hope to hear from him soon, then.

Might we suggest to him he put a modem in a Zaurus, get a dial-up account, and take it with him if he has to go into the hospital again? Should be possible for a doctoral candidate in computer science to jack into the Net one way or another ... but I'll allow I know too little of his situation to make proper allowances.

So hey, K, everything's forgiven as far as I'm concerned providing I hear from you right away and receive the Z before the deadline for pulling the ripcord on the PayPal partial payment insurance.
BalroG
Hi Whit/Omicron

Haven't heard anything here either. Was really hoping to hear from K today.

OMICRON, what do you mean his e-mail is back?

Did you recieve any e-mails from him????
whit
Hey y'all. Still no word but I take Omicron to mean K's mailbox is no longer so full that mail bounces?
Omicron
Hey y'all. Still no word but I take Omicron to mean K's mailbox is no longer so full that mail bounces?

Correct
Omicron

Correct

I also sent an email suggresting that I could be a US contact to only sell as items hit my door...more pace of mind for all...but lots of issues to work out.
BalroG
Hi Whit/Omicron

Any news from our missing Mr. "K"?

Nothing here yet...the waiting continues. :?

PS: I get the feeling more and more that I won't see my C860 or my money again :cry: .....No. no! Stay positive! Don't listen to your gut! biggrin.gif

Sorry, I'm trying to cling to my sanity here, but it's slipping away with each day no news from "K" is incoming. :roll:
whit
Nada. Since his mailbox no longer being full shows that somebody is reading his e-mail, and since he's told people in the past that he's running his business to pay his medical bills (what, no insurance in Japan? are they as bad as the US on this?), and since it would make most sense to run this sort of business by buying the items to ship after receiving payment for them, I'm wondering if he's diverted our money to his bills. I shouldn't be wondering this, but his not even asking someone else to get in touch with his customers to make excuses for delay ... well, his excuses better be good, or his odds of selling to anyone who checks this board (which is probably most English speakers with any interest in the clamshells?) approach zero. At this point, a real businessman would add some free merchandise in, or provide a partial refund along with the merchandise. We'll see.
BalroG
Yes, at the moment I would like to get my money back and then rather order from Japan-direct.com or hightech, *SIGH* I wish I went with those guys from the beginning, at least there are more than one person tending to the customers. What if the worst has happened to "K"? There will be NO way of ever getting either the goods or the money.

Now where did I place that Japanese Mafia contact number again?.... biggrin.gif (Just joking, I'm not quite that crazy yet!!)
whit
I once knew a bartender in New York who had one of his regular Italian customers ask him one evening if there was anyone he'd like him to take care of, just as a favor because this bartender really does offer exceptional service, and the customer wanted to express appreciation.

Does anyone have a phone number for K in Japan? eBay is supposed to maintain current phone numbers for all its sellers, but all they have for K is an old number if Virginia. I'll certainly try to call, if someone can get me that - but trying to get it through Japanese information is just too daunting. Even if they speak some English, transliteration isn't a constant. For that matter I have a friend who did scholarly work in a Japanese library - evidently the lack of an alphabet means there's no such thing as alphabetical order. Then again, their street numbers aren't in order either - except the order of which was built first.

I get the impression that Japan-direct.com may be a one-man operation too - although more established. And I don't recall there being an option with Japan-direct that didn't require parting with the money with no guaranteed way of even getting a partial refund - same position you're in now, but would have been worse for me since PayPal claims to give $500 coverage on transactions with K. What we need is a merchant who simply takes credit cards, so we can contest the charges on nondelivery.
BalroG
I definately agree on the issue with Credit Cards. If there was a merchant that accepted Credit Cards, I'll be first in line. The cost of an international bank money wire is nothing to laugh at.

Of course the inherent security in a CC is you mention is very good. I guess some merchant's have been done in in the past with ppl contesting payment after having recieved the goods etc.

Why are there always a minority that spoils it for the rest of the well-meaning population out there?
whit
Keisuke's Hotmail box is full again, for whatever that tells us. There's nothing new listed on his eBay site, but he did sell a NEC Sigmarion on May 15 (that had been listed before he disappeared), so I assume there's one other person out of big money at present. Hmm, wonder if there's a board that would be the obvious place to find a Sigmarion fan - or at least warn others that Keisuke's a flake if he gets his business going again? By eBay rules even if the three of us give him scathing feedback, he'll still qualify as a "Power Seller" since 3 bad reviews out of 150 doesn't cross the 2% threshold that qualifies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.