Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aoe Ppc Edition?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
Capn_Fish
I have the MMC card PocketPC version of Age of Empires. Is there any possible way to run this on my Zaurus? I seriously doubt it, but you never know...
Da_Blitz
no, what you would need is a wince version of wine, but no one has been bothered to date

it would be posible in theroy, i remeber reading that with wince they took the windows API and cut it down rather that start from scratch so that people would be familiure with programming the device

i would recomend getting boch or qemu and using that instead (epect it to be slow)
Capn_Fish
In that case, can anybody recomend a good RTS, in the same style as AoE? I don't mind trying to compile, but that fails for me most of the time, so I would prefer an ipk.

By the way, I tried Battle of Survival with Stratagus, and found it lacking.
webslngr
QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Sep 8 2006, 01:33 PM)
In that case, can anybody recomend a good RTS, in the same style as AoE? I don't mind trying to compile, but that fails for me most of the time, so I would prefer an ipk.

By the way, I tried Battle of Survival with Stratagus, and found it lacking.

someone recompiled wesnoth. a quick search found this post:http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...7510&hl=wesnoth

good luck.
Capn_Fish
I've tried a version of Wesnoth (I don't know if it's that one), but I got sick of moving the window around. If that's fixed, I'll try it again. Also, it's turn-based. I'm looking for a real-time game (Not that I haven't been looking for a nice turn-based one! smile.gif).

Thanks for your feedback!
Capn_Fish
Does anybody else have any recommendations for a good RTS?
Capn_Fish
Can anyone compile BfM? It seems pretty nice on Ubuntu, but I get errors trying to compile it under pdaXrom. sad.gif

Other suggestions are welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.