Dear all who have been waiting for a very long time for some progress,
we have a first beta version which does more or less perfectly bidirectionally sync contacts and tries to sync something (wrongly) on calendar entries.
But beware: this is a Beta with several known and even more unknown bugs!
As a precaution, please do a Backup of your Mac and the Zaurus first:
1) open Apple AddressBook and save the database to a safe location
2) open Apple iCal and save the database to a safe location
3) make a Backup of your Zaurus to CF/SD
4) you can additionally start ZMacSync and use the "File/Save As..." menu item to copy the Zaurus PIM database to a file on your Mac (it is the output of dtm2xml stored in XML format) - to restore you would use "File/Load..."
* the manual has NOT yet been updated.
* use a Refresh sync if you don't want to touch the database on the Mac.
* use a slow sync to enforce that SyncServices compare records item by item. The Mac will pop up a Conflict resolver - if needed
* the package includes AJZaurusUSB-0.3.2 - both the PowerPC and the Intel version. It is known that the Intel version has problems.
* earlier reports that ZMacSync hangs and shows no progress after some minutes is thought to be an unresolved bug in the USB driver (a new release is in preparation but still kernel panics sometimes).
* you may loose or corrupt all your contacts and iCal entries.
* ZMacSync itself is now a universal binary.
Now, if you still want to try: http://www.dsitri.de/download/ZMacSync-2.1.0.tgz
We would appreciate any feedback.