Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Packcges Are In Zgcc-x.x.x.img?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
Capn_Fish
I would like to set up the compiler without the image. Can anybody tell me what packages are in the image (minus libs) and where I can get them?

Thanks in advance.
Capn_Fish
OK, then can anybody tell me what packages I need to compile C and C++ apps?

Thanks.
InSearchOf
Whats stopping you from using the image?

Late
fiferboy
From memory:

gcc-headers
gcc
binutils
distcc
make
automake
autoconf

I think that's it, but I might be missing something. That's what has worked for me.
anunakin
QUOTE(fiferboy @ Sep 26 2006, 07:11 PM)
From memory:

gcc-headers
gcc
binutils
distcc
make
automake
autoconf

I think that's it, but I might be missing something.  That's what has worked for me.

and more devel packages ()
sdl-devel
gtk-devel
x11-headers
Capn_Fish
Thanks. I will try those packages. InSearchOf: I have had trouble with the image not recognizing packages I have installed, so I thought that by using just the gcc packages and adding the libs as they become necessary I could avoid that issue.
InSearchOf
I think if the software you are trying to compile has a MAKEFILE you can make changes to where the lib's it is looking for are located...

Late
pelrun
The problem is most likely pkgconfig. Autoconf uses pkgconfig to locate installed libraries, which it does by consulting .pc files stored in a specific directory. Installing a new library installs the .pc file for it, and everything works great.

Works great, that is, except when pkgconfig is looking at a custom readonly directory - e.g. part of a mounted disk image. Oops.

Try copying everything from /opt/native/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib/pkgconfig to /usr/lib/pkgconfig (don't overwrite any .pc files already there!) and then set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to point to /usr/lib/pkgconfig. Like this:

CODE
PKG_CONFIG=/usr/lib/pkgconfig ./configure <configure opts>

If you've compiled your libraries with autoconf and done a "make install" then IIRC the .pc file will be installed to /usr/lib/pkgconfig. But it might make sense to check /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig and move anything you find there just in case smile.gif

This didn't completely help me - for some reason gcc *insisted* on using the headers in the image instead of the local ones, even when I explicitly set all the include paths. Hopefully you won't hit that problem; I needed to do Stupid Mount Tricks to fix it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.