Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beta 1.10r121 Booting On C3000
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
realm
This worked smile.gif I have the new pdaxrom beta 1.1.0r121 booting on my C3000.

Steps to make this work:
1. download the new release and mount the root image so you can rip it out

CODE
modprobe mtdram total_size=65535
modprobe mtdblock
modprobe jffs2
dd if=PDAXROMrootFS.img of=/dev/mtdblock0
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /mymountpoint
cd /mymountpoint

2. tar cvvzf PathUncompressedTo hdimage1.tgz

3. replace hdimage1.tgz in the current oz install with the new one of pdaxrom.

Bugs that i've seen so far are:
-------------------------------------------
suspending with the power button doesn't work reliably, although after a days use using apm --suspend seems to be a safe way to suspend.

the pc card util is looking at slot 0, which is the microdrive, not slot 1 which is for addin cards.

cardctl is called pccardctl, this may be pcmcia-utils related though and i just never noticed it before.

Ejecting an sd card with the taskbar app and then putting in a new card, the new card can not be mounted or accessed, works fine on bootup though.

I'm using a stowaway folding usb keyboard with it that functions perfectly, and my prism2 card loads hostapdrivers without problems, scanning is not supported though, at least for my card.

I still am using the OZ kernel here, because it boots from the hd, i plan on pulling down the pdaxrom patches and recompiling 2.6.16 with them but telling it to boot from the microdrive.

--------------------------Old Thread Stuff------------------------------------------------
I'm trying to pull the files out of rootfs.img so i can create a hdimage.tgz and use the oz installer to install pdaxrom to my c3000. I can't get root.img to mount though, and don't know what fs type it was made with to specify it.

currently i'm trying to mount it with
CODE
mount -o loop -t jffs2 rootfs.img /mnt/img

I have my kernel module for jffs2 loaded.

if there is a developer centric post related to how pdaxrom is put together a link to that would be great, i haven't really looked at pdxrom x86, so i could be missing something there, any leads to where to start would be appriciated.

that was in this post http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15697
thanks for pointing me where to search
InSearchOf
jffs2.... I believe...

Late

PS.. You tried to pull the whole... edit your post to make me look like an idiot... LOL
lardman

That's not the way you mount a jffs2 filesystem.

Search the forum for something like "jffs2 AND mount AND mtdram".

Si
bcom75
QUOTE(realm @ Sep 25 2006, 12:37 AM)
This worked smile.gif I have the new pdaxrom beta 1.1.0r121 booting on my C3000.

Steps to make this work:
1. download the new release and mount the root image so you can rip it out

CODE
modprobe mtdram total_size=65535 (could this be the issue?)
modprobe mtdblock
modprobe jffs2
dd if=initrd.bin of=/dev/mtdblock0
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /mymountpoint
cd /mymountpoint

2. tar cvvzf PathUncompressedTo hdimage1.tgz

3. replace hdimage1.tgz in the current oz install with the new one of pdaxrom.

Bugs that i've seen so far are:
-------------------------------------------
suspending the first time will work, after that trying apm --suspend says device is busy.

the pc card util is looking at slot 0, which is the microdrive, not slot 1 which is for addin cards.

cardctl is called pccardctl, this may be pcmcia-utils related though and i just never noticed it before.

Ejecting an sd card with the taskbar app and then putting in a new card, the new card can not be mounted or accessed, works fine on bootup though.

I'm using a stowaway folding usb keyboard with it that functions perfectly, and my prism2 card loads hostapdrivers without problems, scanning is not supported though, at least for my card.

I still am using the OZ kernel here, because it boots from the hd, i plan on pulling down the pdaxrom patches and recompiling 2.6.16 with them but telling it to boot from the microdrive.

--------------------------Old Thread Stuff------------------------------------------------
I'm trying to pull the files out of rootfs.img so i can create a hdimage.tgz and use the oz installer to install pdaxrom to my c3000. I can't get root.img to mount though, and don't know what fs type it was made with to specify it.

CODE
mount -o loop -t jffs2 rootfs.img /mnt/img

I have my kernel module for jffs2 loaded.

if there is a developer centric post related to how pdaxrom is put together a link to that would be great, i haven't really looked at pdxrom x86, so i could be missing something there, any leads to where to start would be appriciated.

that was in this post http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15697
thanks for pointing me where to search

great...I will try it myself later and report any bugs.
Let's make this the starting point of a concerted C3000 porting effort, we will all benefit from it. I would like to invite Meanie and others wishing to port 121 to the C3000 to join in too!
Glorin
I try it. Strange but it`s work...
daniel3000
Great work!

In order to have a stable (non-bleeding-edge) but modern pdaXrom, would it be a similar way to rip 1.1.0beta3 apart for use on a C3000?

daniel
Glorin
Good idea, anyway 1.10r121 work not proper, /etc/hotplug/pci.rc can`t find /proc/bus/pci/devices, folder pci just not exist.
I think problems in openzaurus kernel.. Need compile u-boot for C3000 and it solve many problems
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.