Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quivering Mouse Pointer/stylus
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
klatt
Hello All,

When I hold my stylus down on my screen the mouse "quivers" a bit ever so slightly. This usually isn't a problem except now I am using fluxbox and it is _extremely_ difficult for me to switch "tabs" in fluxbox because since it is quivering it is thinking I am clicking and dragging.

Is there any way to dampen the mouse or create a deadzone like on old joysticks. I have tried acceleration and threshold settings using xset.

Thanks,
Frank
klatt
Anyone have any ideas? It's really frustrating :-/
InSearchOf
Which Release are you using?

Late
daniel3000
If you have a screen protector foil installed, this could cause the problems.
Maybe try without it.

Or recalibrate the touch screen.

daniel
InSearchOf
QUOTE(daniel3000 @ Oct 4 2006, 05:59 PM)
If you have a screen protector foil installed, this could cause the problems.
Maybe try without it.

Or recalibrate the touch screen.

daniel

Once i got home... i tested mine out... to see if it does that... and YES it does... but not very much... i mean if i hold my style down... clicking on the menu options.. or closing a window... so at this point it doesnt bother me... but it just jitters very little... but like daniel said it is prolly due to a screen protector...

Late
klatt
Well,

To answer the questions I am using beta3, and I have recalibrated multiple times. There is also no screen protector on my Zaurus...

Does everyone experience this? Anything in the Diagnostics menu that can be done maybe?
pgas
if you have a 7x0 -860 you can try

cat 75 > /proc/driver/w100/fastsysclk
g33k
QUOTE(pgas @ Oct 5 2006, 12:45 PM)

I have an 860 running r121. My /proc/driver directory contains only rtc and snd-page-alloc - there is no w100.

Any ideas? My jittery cursor makes using the stylus an exercise in frustration and restraint.
klatt
QUOTE(pgas @ Oct 5 2006, 08:45 AM)

Thanks pgas, I had seen that fix before but unfortunately I have a 3200 (has that been said before? heh cool.gif ) and there is no w100 folder in my /proc/driver

:-/

Thanks,
Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.