QUOTE(anunakin @ Oct 4 2006, 03:46 AM)
- I using a 128MB swap partition, remember this is a beta, is normal to a beta eat so much of RAM
- My Freeciv 2.1beta2 have a nice load time, about 5 seconds, but I using pdaXrom 1.1.0r121
- I go make a new package with Cxx00 CFLAGs.. and O3 and some insane CFLAGs
- When new official release goes up... (2.1.0 final release) I go work in a new key mapping for Zaurus, but for now not, use "G" and stylus for "GO" to any place
- I have played for 2 hours without any crash.
Really this new SDL interface is very rich and more fast then older GTK2 version, I have tried compiled SDL in old freeciv 1.14 and 2.0.8, but without sucess...
I've been poking at key-mapping for some time-
I've ended up just patching the source.
What I use is:
map F1-F10 to number keys: 1-0
map u/d/l/r to N/S/E/W
map shift-up/shift-down/shift-left/shift-right to NW/SE/SW/NE
Not perfect, but it works pretty well.
Also, for a GUI game-startup (and other bits like civpedia)
its helpful to keep a copy of the GTK client handy-
its rather more awkward to actually play with, but still has lots of things
that havent been implemented in the SDL client yet.
After the next release, I'll be investigating one of two paths:
revisiting the 640x480 hack, to make the GTK client fit on zaurus screen
or implementing some of the missing features in SDL,
and also an "official" Zaurus keymap patch.