Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F1-f10 Function Keys For Console Apps?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
markhenderson
I need to run some console apps that need F1-F10 keys and I can't figure out how to generate these - can anyone help? I am running Cacko on a SL-C3200 with Embedded Konsole. I have Keyhelper but I can't figure if that can do it (or what the required codes are).

thanks

Mark
gsgmx
Simple solution for idnight commander mc:

use the cancel button followed by number 1 to 0 this gives F1 to F10.

This works generally similar on mc under Linux, on a normal PC it would be ESC followed by 1 to 0.

I have no idea whether other console apps work similar. Could be something to try out before trying to mangle it thru keyhelper.

Georg
cosinux
QUOTE(markhenderson @ Oct 8 2006, 04:07 AM)
I need to run some console apps that need F1-F10 keys and I can't figure out how to generate these - can anyone help? I am running Cacko on a SL-C3200 with Embedded Konsole. I have Keyhelper but I can't figure if that can do it (or what the required codes are).

thanks

Mark

Use the second right key from Ctrl and [1..9,0] keys to simulate [F1..F9,F10].
bam
QUOTE(cosinux @ Oct 8 2006, 03:11 PM)
QUOTE(markhenderson @ Oct 8 2006, 04:07 AM)

thanks

Mark

Use the second right key from Ctrl and [1..9,0] keys to simulate [F1..F9,F10].

errr.....no.
Da_Blitz
fiddle with the keymap smile.gif

as far as i remeber Fn+ 0-9 worked as F1-9 keys and has worked in pdaxrom and OZ as well
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.