Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Psx4zaurus Now Supports Cacko! :)
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Sharp ROMs
Pages: 1, 2
Jon_J
I already had libstdc++.so.6
It was required by another program that I installed awhile back.
I don't have libX11.so.6
And I don't understand why it's asking for X11 stuff
I did have Meanie's pdaxqtrom installed awhile back, but I uninstalled it.
It was a "Clean" uninstall, and left nothing behind.

My only understanding is that Cacko for the SL-C3000 Zaurus is much different than the Cacko for all the other models.
zodttd has a SL-C1000 and probably hasn't used the SL-C3000 version of Cacko.
This may be a good question to ask him.
Jon_J
QUOTE(danboid @ Oct 21 2006, 03:00 AM)
I can't get psx4zaurus_cacko to run under Cacko 1.23b on a c3000. First it was complaining about missing libsdl so I copied the included libs

danboid, if I understand your statement in the post above, you copied libsdl from the /SDL_pdaxrom/ folder that came with the psx4zaurus ZIP file.
The only libsdl files in this zip file are for pdaxrom.

Start over and install libSDL-1.2.5 bvdd from the official Cacko feed. (This is what zodttd recommended on the first page of this thread)
I posted a pic of winzip and the directories contained in "psx4zaurus_b4_4.zip"
When you unzip it, make sure you "Preserve" the directory structure.
Fushnchupsh
Perhaps I am expecting too much and this is by no means an insult as I am terrinbly impressed with this project and originally followed it in my pdaXrom days but I can't get any games to work. I get the opening screens and then it just blacks out and I rarely get the menus. Should I try to tweak some settings? More often than not I get this situation where it almost "blinks". Best I could describe it...

Again, great project:) Am I doing something wrong?

--Fish
danboid
Of course! That was a silly mistake with the SDL libs, its dir is clearly marked pdaxrom. I deleted those and installed SDL from the cacko feed and now zpsx starts although, even after following all the instructions in this thread and every trick I know I cannot get a QVGA picture, only a messed-up QVGA size image in the middle of a VGA screen. I have tried making a zpsx icon 'display magnified' and issuing

export SDL_FB_SIZE=320x240

before running it under both qtopia and the / console with the same garbled results. I've not tried any different versions of SDL but I'm not all that confident about it really.

I know for a fact that my c3k can do 320x240 under SDL as I have seen this working on pdaXrom but I have never seen this working under Cacko on the c3k. I would presume I'm using the same SDL as the other cacko users here so it must be Tetsu's c3k kernel which is missing QVGA support.
Jon_J
I have a question, What is QVGA? Is that Quarter VGA?
Why would you want such a small screen when this game runs in fullscreen?
I have "Legend of Legaia" running fullscreen, but it is very slow and needs interlaced/progressive turned on.
Without interlaced/progressive turned on, I get a flashing band across the bottom of the screen.
Here's a screencap of this game. It's 320x240, but is running in 640x480.
raduga
QUOTE(Jon_J @ Oct 22 2006, 09:35 AM)
I have a question, What is QVGA? Is that Quarter VGA?
Why would you want such a small screen when this game runs in fullscreen?
I have "Legend of Legaia" running fullscreen, but it is very slow and needs interlaced/progressive turned on.
Without interlaced/progressive turned on, I get a flashing band across the bottom of the screen.
Here's a screencap of this game. It's 320x240, but is running in 640x480.

QVGA is, imho, poorly named.

It's a standard of Screen Resolution, not screen coverage.

"VGA resolution" = 640x480
"QVGA resolution" = 320x240

Which is to say that it uses 1/4 as many pixels as VGA;
not that it occupies 1/4 of a VGA screen.
lardman
QVGA is, imho, poorly named.

But it's also talking about screen resolution so there is no issue. People need to look at the dpi settings of their display as well as comparing the resolution.

Si
Mecit
can anybody give me the name of a working game on the emulator. i manage to get to the emulator menu and i have the iso of gta 2 but when i try to run it zaurus locks after the load success message
bolbit
QUOTE(Mecit @ Oct 30 2006, 08:43 PM)
can anybody give me the name of a working game on the emulator. i manage to get to the emulator menu and i have the iso of gta 2 but when i try to run it zaurus locks after the load success message

http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21788

and

http://wiki.tyrannozaurus.com/ZaurusCompatabilityList?v=14q4
Antikx
QUOTE(Mecit @ Oct 30 2006, 01:43 PM)

I'd recommend following some of the tips here: http://wiki.tyrannozaurus.com/CackoROM
and look at the compatibility list here: http://wiki.tyrannozaurus.com/ZaurusCompatabilityList
I would be happy to test a game for you if I have it.
andresgriego
Holy impressive! I can't believe how well this runs. This is quite the show piece for a Zaurus.

Jon_J's instructions worked perfectly for a C3100.

I have only tested
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (Disc 1 only so far)
Definately playable.
400MHz = 7-9 FPS and a slight shutter in the audio every 3-4 seconds.
624MHz(204 bus) = 9 - 12 FPS and the slight shutter is there but lessened.

I am going to try Bubble Bobble and Macross later. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Haven't been able to use save-state successfully yet, which is critical IMO.

I will also make a post in the PSX4ALL forums because I want to see more done for cacko and PSX4ALL.

Truely fantastic. Thanks for doing this! smile.gif
Jon_J
I know this is a longshot, and is the reason I haven't been reading/posting in these forums lately.
I've been playing Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion on my PC. This is a huge game! smile.gif
http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Oblivion
It comes on a DVD and installs the full 4.38GB to your hard drive.
Oblivion is also available on the xbox.
Is it possible to get xbox games to run on this emulator?
Is there an xbox emulator that would run on the Zaurus?
At the moment, I'm running Oblivion on my PC by using Oldblivion.
Oldblivion is a program that dummies down the graphics.
(I'm not ready to buy another $300.00 -> $500.00 video card just to play this game in it's full glory)
bolbit
1 month since the last realease. zodttd are you still around here ??
speculatrix
I never tried playstation1 emulator before, although I followed the discussion keenly. A lot of my colleagues are into gaming, so I though it'd be a good chance to show off my Z.

I checked out the psx4all website and downloaded the latest b4/4 release, and tried it on my C3100 running cacko, and was stunned to find it work (I borrowed a copy of Azure Dreams, didn't know if it worked, now added to Tyrannozauruse's list of compatible games).

Amazing, in a way until you've tried it yourself you won't believe it's possible (even though I've used qemu and vmware for some time, doing this sort of thing on the Z somehow seems harder).

Great! I look forward to future speedups.
matthis
Does anyone still have the psx package for cacko?
Jon_J
This is the only Cacko version that I have. I think it is the last version for Cacko. It's been awhile since I messed with it.
Notice, when you unzip or open the zip file, there is also a pdaxrom dir.
I think I only installed the stuff in all the other directories.
matthis
Thanks for your fast help!!
speculatrix
QUOTE(Jon_J @ Mar 16 2008, 04:55 AM) *
This is the only Cacko version that I have. I think it is the last version for Cacko. It's been awhile since I messed with it.
Notice, when you unzip or open the zip file, there is also a pdaxrom dir.
I think I only installed the stuff in all the other directories.

thanks for taking the time to post that.
Jon_J
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Mar 18 2008, 03:58 AM) *
thanks for taking the time to post that.

Any time I can help a fellow 'Z' user, I will. smile.gif
I don't have expert or advanced Linux skills, so if I can post a needed file for someone, and explain what it is for, I'll do that.
Since the first day I "discovered" OESF forums, I have been archiving everything I found that is useful for the Z.
All backed up to DVDs.
I'm not giving up on my precious two Zauri. I plan to keep them for a very long time. smile.gif
zodttd
I was contacted recently about psx4zaurus...I apologize sincerely for my absence. And its been quite a long while too. I just found the Zaurus and will feature it on www.zodttd.com as well.
Time to dig up a Cacko ROM and toolchain! Working on getting a release out tonight. So much has happened since I last developed for the Zaurus! Glad to get the lil gadget back up and going.

Might be the wrong place to ask, but in addition to Cacko, what other distros should I compile for?
pdaXrom Beta 3?
Angstrom?
zodttd
QUOTE(zodttd @ May 21 2008, 07:31 PM) *
I was contacted recently about psx4zaurus...I apologize sincerely for my absence. And its been quite a long while too. I just found the Zaurus and will feature it on www.zodttd.com as well.
Time to dig up a Cacko ROM and toolchain! Working on getting a release out tonight. So much has happened since I last developed for the Zaurus! Glad to get the lil gadget back up and going.

Might be the wrong place to ask, but in addition to Cacko, what other distros should I compile for?
pdaXrom Beta 3?
Angstrom?

Oh my, I cant find cross-sdk-armv5tel-cacko-linux-3.4.6-2.2.5-softfloat.tar.bz2 anywhere. Its the pdaXrom toolchain for Beta3 based pdaX distros.
I'm still searching for a cacko toolchain. I remember it being a pain to set up before. Eep. sad.gif

EDIT: Found it: http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distri...ftfloat.tar.bz2
matthis
Hi, nice to hear that you're back on the Z!
Here's the toolchain for cacko:
http://www.katastrophos.net/zaurus/kernels...1.09.05.tar.bz2
I have used it successfully to compile the cacko kernel.

Here's another one, which I have used to compile some games before: it already has SDL and some other libs. (though SDL is not the bvdd version):
http://web.mita.keio.ac.jp/~mh070504/cacko-toolchain.zip

hope this helps.
Dromede
Glad to have you back zodttd. maybe you should check out the more recent distro's. the 2.6 kernel series for zaurii is quite complete and stable and there are some improvements to the pxafb code, like double buffering.
Capn_Fish
QUOTE(zodttd @ May 21 2008, 10:31 PM) *
pdaXrom Beta 3?
Angstrom?

My list would be:

-Angstrom
-Cacko
-pdaX Beta 3/pdaXii13
-Debian armel

That covers most of the Z community, and Angstrom/Debian builds shouldn't be hard to do at all. The Beta 3 build should run on r1xx as well.

Glad to see you back!
pelrun
Hey zodttd, you released psx4zaurus source code and didn't tell us! ph34r.gif

http://github.com/zodttd/psx4all/tree/master

Yay! laugh.gif
Capn_Fish
I take it this uses Git? Has anybody tried to build it? I know I will as soon as I figure Git out...

EDIT: Starting it (the Makefile needs much editing for a native build, and contains a few errors). I'll post a Debian build if/when it finishes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.