Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Differences Between C3200 And C3100
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
Capn_Fish
What are the differences between the SL-C3200 and the SL-C3100? As far as I can tell, the only differences are:

-Bigger hard disk
-Different color
-New SD driver?

Are there any other differences (Battery life, performance, etc.)?

I didn't see a thread about this, so I hope I'm not reposting an existing topic.

Thanks!
bluedevils
this is a well worn topic, but you've pretty much summed up the differences.
daufoo
additional differences will be the software that comes with them. rolleyes.gif
Antikx
Also, I think others have mentioned that there is some kind of an overclocking diference too... or is that just because software needs to be updated?
bluedevils
I think you are correct. I do remember someone saying that the 3200 does not overclock as well as the others.

QUOTE(Antikx @ Oct 24 2006, 07:52 PM)
Also, I think others have mentioned that there is some kind of an overclocking diference too... or is that just because software needs to be updated?
Jon_J
There's a thread here:
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=19016
maslovsky's post, Post #11
The CPU in 3200 is different from C1000/C3000/C3100 - there is a different revision number. It looks like older CPU overclocks better...

BTW, where is maslovsky these days?
Haven't heard from him in quite awhile.
Capn_Fish
I'm gathering that if I don't care about the extra disk space, I should go with the Sl-C3100?

Thanks.
bluedevils
I presumed he got busy doing other stuff like work.

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Oct 24 2006, 11:52 PM)
BTW, where is maslovsky these days?
Haven't heard from him in quite awhile.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.