Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Root Partition With 1.1.0rc121 [title Corrected]
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
hyperaesthetic
Howdy All,

I managed to install pdaxrom 1.10rc121 on my C-1000. I was so lost during the installation that I didn't have the frame of mind to care about root partition setup. The installation instruction for 1.1.0rc121 didn't say anything about modifying/creating a root partition.

To eek out more performance out of C-1000 do I need to modify the root partition, and if yes is it too late now to do it now without wiping out the flash and reinstalling the pdaxrom?

I hope I made some sense.

Thank you for your explanation.

Hyper

[edited]
Title corrected.
InSearchOf
QUOTE(hyperaesthetic @ Oct 26 2006, 04:27 AM)
Howdy All,

I managed to install pdaxrom 1.10rc121 on my C-1000. I was so lost during the installation that I didn't have the frame of mind to care about root partition setup. The installation instruction for 1.1.0rc121 didn't say anything about modifying/creating a root partition.

To eek out more performance out of C-1000 do I need to modify the root partition, and if yes is it too late now to do it now without wiping out the flash and reinstalling the pdaxrom?

Hyper

Ok... your subject states about setting up a swap file... and the body of your post doesnt mention anything about a swap file... but just about modding your root partition...

1. Beta 4 and rc121 do not give you the option to resize or change you root / home partition sizes...

2. I hope you arent talkin about created a swap file or swap partition on your internal flash space..

Post some more details on what you are trying to do...

Late
hyperaesthetic
Thank you for pointing that discrepancy. It was getting late at night and writing that post was the last thing I was doing before I was going to bed.... Initially I thought I was curious about the swap file set up, but realized I should about root partition.

hyper

QUOTE(InSearchOf @ Oct 26 2006, 07:09 AM)
QUOTE(hyperaesthetic @ Oct 26 2006, 04:27 AM)
Howdy All,

Hyper

Ok... your subject states about setting up a swap file... and the body of your post doesnt mention anything about a swap file... but just about modding your root partition...

1. Beta 4 and rc121 do not give you the option to resize or change you root / home partition sizes...

2. I hope you arent talkin about created a swap file or swap partition on your internal flash space..

Post some more details on what you are trying to do...

Late

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.