Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metal Case For C3x00 Special - Us$16
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Deals and Great Z Buys
speculatrix
http://www.gizmos2go.com/xcart/product.php?productid=7935

has anyone tried one of these cases? looks like a viable alternative to the pdAir case I have which isn't all that wonderful to be honest.
speculatrix
I just checked with G2G and they do ship internationally (well, to England, anyway)
Antikx
Thanks for the info Speculatrix.
It looks nice, and the price is good, but maybe I'm missing something... I don't understand why there's so many holes in it.
speculatrix
QUOTE(Antikx @ Nov 28 2006, 06:59 PM)
Thanks for the info Speculatrix.
It looks nice, and the price is good, but maybe I'm missing something... I don't understand why there's so many holes in it.

the photo is tagged "generic image" so I presume that the picture is merely intended to give a vague idea of what the case would be like.

there are quite a lot of items on their site for the Z which only show a generic image.

googling for "TTX zaurus" only results in the gizmos2go site (or indirectly via price comparison or link farm site), so I can't get any real clue as to whether it's a closed case for when Zaurus is not in use?
masanga
http://www.gizmos2go.com/xcart/product.php?productid=7935

has anyone tried one of these cases? looks like a viable alternative to the pdAir case I have which isn't all that wonderful to be honest.

I ordered one, and what arrived was a case for a completely different model, with a 5x00-style form factor (not a clamshell) and far too small for the 3x00. I sent it back for a promised replacement, but this morning I was told I'd just get a refund (excluding the original postage to the UK, which was most of the cost).

I infer that there is in fact no aluminium case for the 3x00, and that the fact they're still advertising one is a further warning signal that nobody should go anywhere near these guys. I suspect that some or all of the other fishy-looking 3x00 accessories with "generic photo" are similarly nothing of the kind. Shame - I'd still really like a metal case for the 3100 (not that I can easily picture how it might work)... At least the Piel Frama leather number is a thing of beauty and joy.

Nick.
speculatrix
QUOTE(masanga @ Jan 4 2007, 07:36 PM)
I ordered one, and what arrived was a case for a completely different model, with a 5x00-style form factor (not a clamshell) and far too small for the 3x00. I sent it ...
I infer that there is in fact no aluminium case for the 3x00, and that the fact they're still advertising one is a further warning signal that nobody should go anywhere

hmm, that is bad news. I'm very sorry you went through this. I very nearly ordered one before going on holiday, but decided to wait till I came home.

I also noticed that they purported to sell a sync/charge usb cable for the 3100, but I suspect it'll be one for the 860; I have seen sync/charge usb cables for the x000 series which split off the power from the USB, but now I wouldn't trust gizmos2go at all.

sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.