I got my Collie yesterday, flashed it with Hentges-Opie latest (20061108 I think).
I then moved the root to an SD (110M loop file) and added the CardFS install to that via How-Tos on openzaurus.org and Hentges.net.
Everything seems to be working fine, I even managed to get the USB bridge working in both WindowsXP and Ubuntu6.10 and installed a few packages.
My main questions:
- Since I am running from an SD image can I remove any of the original 'flash' install that I did initially, to free up internal memory?
- Or is that still needed to initially boot and run altboot?
- And would there be any advantage to doing this?
- I originally flashed internally with Opie, would flashing with the Bootstrap image, then just using Opie for the SD install have been a better choice? Or is that not possible?
- Unrelated: How do I start Opie from the command line?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up for me.