Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pdaxii13 B5
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
jpmatrix
Welcome back to everybody :-)

meanie any ideas about the suspend problems we have with build 5?
psycoman
can you describe the problem ? maybe some one know a fix ^^
jpmatrix
QUOTE(psycoman @ Dec 27 2006, 09:06 PM)
can you describe the problem  ? maybe some one know a fix ^^

well we talked about it on the tyrannozaurus forum as oesf was down... Meanie knows about it . . . Since b5 the suspend resume process is working bad : zaurus stops but on resume stylus click doesn t work and keyboard stops responding...
jpmatrix
Well after playing a little more it seems that suspend resume IS working...The problem seems to be tied to xscreensaver i think... I applied all three meanie tips and now it seems reliable... I ll test further when i ll be back from holiday wink.gif

meanie after this stable release are you thinking about upgradable releases ?
jpmatrix
Well after playing a little more it seems that suspend resume IS working...The problem seems to be tied to xscreensaver i think... I applied all three meanie tips and now it seems reliable... I ll test further when i ll be back from holiday wink.gif

Meanie
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Dec 31 2006, 04:13 AM)

use build 5.1 instead. it fixed a few bugs in build5
http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/feed/pdaXii13/tmp

build 5.2 should hopefully fix everything.
please report all problems you can find in build 5.1 so they can be fixed for 5.2
i hope build 5.2 will be stable with most bugs fixed.
once that is achieved, then there will be no more build updates. further updates/enhancements will then be via upgrading packages from the upgrades/custom feed.
Ling
Meanie,

Are you going to try and get 5.2 stable on the 3200 as well? I have been following you and psycoman on the other thread. I am working my way through getting all of the pieces of beta3 working, but am afraid that my bandaids will fall apart at some point. Good work on this. Happy New Year.
jpmatrix
download in progress !!!

just to be still sure, should we use the beta1 kernel you give or use the beta2 kernel from i_dont_remember_who ? smile.gif
kahm
I've seen a couple of problems with 5.1 - a missing qt.so library when trying to open textedit, and an issue where my systray-like icons got stretched the entire length of the taskbar after a resume.
Meanie
QUOTE(kahm @ Jan 2 2007, 08:44 AM)
I've seen a couple of problems with 5.1 - a missing qt.so library when trying to open textedit, and an issue where my systray-like icons got stretched the entire length of the taskbar after a resume.

all apps requiring qt were build using qt.so in all builds. just nobody noticed before. build 5.2 will come with all those apps recompiled with the correct qt-mt.so

as for the systray icons, what applets do you have loaded when it happens?
jpmatrix
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Jan 1 2007, 07:52 PM)
download in progress !!!

just to be still sure, should we use the beta1 kernel you give or use the beta2 kernel from i_dont_remember_who ? smile.gif

Meanie,
i'm sorry but i've same resume problems with build5.1.......suspend works but on resume i cannot click with the stylus, although the arrow is following it.... and keyboard is not responding also.......i'm trying to kill xscreensaver to see if it helps........
jpmatrix
QUOTE(Meanie @ Dec 31 2006, 05:34 AM)
please report all problems you can find in build 5.1 so they can be fixed for 5.2

another little "bug" report:
i'm unable to remove SCIM try icon. it just respawns after removing it. but it is okay if i kill the process...
jpmatrix
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Jan 2 2007, 03:44 PM)
download in progress !!!

Meanie,
i'm sorry but i've same resume problems with build5.1.......suspend works but on resume i cannot click with the stylus, although the arrow is following it.... and keyboard is not responding also.......i'm trying to kill xscreensaver to see if it helps........

Meanie,
bad news.... i've renamed xscreensaver, killed accessxhelper and removed mb-blanker applet and same result...resume doesn't work........
for information it was working great in build 4...
if you want some debug informations tell me

edited: i've just tried the base install of build 5.1 and suspend/resume seems to work just fine...
Meanie
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Jan 3 2007, 01:52 AM)
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Jan 2 2007, 03:44 PM)
download in progress !!!

Meanie,

Meanie,
bad news.... i've renamed xscreensaver, killed accessxhelper and removed mb-blanker applet and same result...resume doesn't work........

edited: i've just tried the base install of build 5.1 and suspend/resume seems to work just fine...

mb-applet-blanker is automatically loaded in both base and full so it can't be the culprit

you can disable the xscreensaver by editing /home/root/Choices/pdaxii13.conf and set XSCREENSAVER = false

accessx helper is not enabled by default

of course you need to restart X after modifying pdaxii13.conf
jpmatrix
QUOTE(Meanie @ Jan 3 2007, 05:13 AM)
Meanie,

mb-applet-blanker is automatically loaded in both base and full so it can't be the culprit

you can disable the xscreensaver by editing /home/root/Choices/pdaxii13.conf and set XSCREENSAVER = false

remember Danboid have the same problem than me :
http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/?q=node/68

i try to re install full 5.1 and disabling xscreensaver in pdaxii13.conf to see if it helps.... very strange problem indeed......
anyway if i remember accessxhelper was running by default....
jpmatrix
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Jan 3 2007, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE(Meanie @ Jan 3 2007, 05:13 AM)

Meanie,

remember Danboid have the same problem than me :
http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/?q=node/68

i try to re install full 5.1 and disabling xscreensaver in pdaxii13.conf to see if it helps.... very strange problem indeed......
anyway if i remember accessxhelper was running by default....

Meanie,
i've put XSCREENSAVER=false into pdaxii13.org, rebooted, but ps -ef shows me that xscreensaver is still launched.....
i tried to disable ROX too....
so far my resume problems are still there...........

EDITED : xscreensaver isn't the problem. i renamed it and resume problem is still there.... in fact on resume keyboard is working, but on the first stylus click, everything goes bad......
Antikx
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Jan 4 2007, 11:23 AM)
EDITED : xscreensaver isn't the problem. i renamed it and resume problem is still there.... in fact on resume keyboard is working, but on the first stylus click, everything goes bad......

Hmmm... I might be off base, but that almost sounds like the date/time problem I used to have.
Have you updated your local time to point to a new timezone? Are you stopping atd when setting the time?
Try only turning your Zaurus on with your "Home" button and NOT the power button.
Just some idea's. Hope it helps.
jpmatrix
QUOTE(Antikx @ Jan 4 2007, 08:12 PM)
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Jan 4 2007, 11:23 AM)

Hmmm... I might be off base, but that almost sounds like the date/time problem I used to have.
Have you updated your local time to point to a new timezone? Are you stopping atd when setting the time?
Try only turning your Zaurus on with your "Home" button and NOT the power button.
Just some idea's. Hope it helps.

GOTCHAAAAAAAAAA !!!!
first i tried the home button tip but same resume problem
second i killed the running atd process and ......... NOW SUSPEND RESUME IS WORKING!!!!
so the problem seems to be tied to atd.
any idea why?
Antikx
cool.
Are you setting the time after you reboot?
If so, then before you do, you have to type:
CODE
/etc/rc.d/init.d/atd stop

then start up atd after you set the time.
I'll post the script I use on tyrannozaurus later tnite.
Someone on this forum made it for me but the name escapes me.
I believe your problem might have to do with atd locking the clock and the hwclock needing to be set to UTC.
Antikx
Found the orig post: http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=119504
jpmatrix
QUOTE(Antikx @ Jan 4 2007, 10:49 PM)
cool.
CODE

I believe your problem might have to do with atd locking the clock and the hwclock needing to be set to UTC.

Antiks,
you definitely find the bug ! many many thanks !
you're right : problems happen if i set the time after the first boot, or when i set the clock when atd is running......

by the way, can Meanie find a workaround for that problem or should we live with it forever???
Meanie
QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Jan 5 2007, 08:07 AM)
QUOTE(Antikx @ Jan 4 2007, 10:49 PM)
cool.
CODE

Antiks,
you definitely find the bug ! many many thanks !
you're right : problems happen if i set the time after the first boot, or when i set the clock when atd is running......

by the way, can Meanie find a workaround for that problem or should we live with it forever???

that bug has been fixed in build 5.1/5.2 see the release notes.

however, I believe that the keys being locked was caused by the accessx helper
I did some fiddling and now have found a better configuration for accessx which does not require accessx-helper anymore

i was able to get the keys locked on resume by disablig the xscreensaver
now without the accessx helper, all works...
D4rk 4p113
Hello meanie and all

I'm new here, a brazilian guy, buy my zaurus SL-C3000 in japan and searching the web about this model I found this forum...

Ok, I'm apple technician and know some thinks about unix and bsd... but not mutchs (as my english no is my good)

In last weeks I install Meanies pdaxii13 Beta5 and have the same problems, suspend bugs (to awake is very hard) and stylus stops...

Wallpaper... i can't switch wallpaper, in look$fell choose another picture click in OK but not work...

And Meanie.. one doubt... sometimes i exit the Xwindow (roxfiler/matchbox original from you image) but I can't retur to X

I try #startx and the system goes to a gray screen with a X (a mouse pointer) but later a seconds, teh system return to command lines show

#exitingx

and I need to reinstall pdax...

Sorry by this doubts and bored you all, i'm new in zaurus and need some help (like to get icewm work)

thanks
jpmatrix
QUOTE(D4rk 4p113 @ Jan 5 2007, 09:22 PM)
Hello meanie and all

I'm new here,  a brazilian guy, buy my zaurus SL-C3000 in japan and searching the web about this model I found this forum...

Ok, I'm apple technician and know some thinks about unix and bsd... but not mutchs (as my english no is my good)

In last weeks I install Meanies pdaxii13 Beta5 and have the same problems, suspend bugs (to awake is very hard) and stylus stops...

Wallpaper... i can't switch wallpaper, in look$fell choose another picture click in OK but not work...

And Meanie.. one doubt... sometimes i exit the Xwindow (roxfiler/matchbox original from you image) but I can't retur to X

I try #startx and the system goes to a gray screen with a X (a mouse pointer)  but later a seconds, teh system return to command lines show

#exitingx

and I need to reinstall pdax...

Sorry by this doubts and bored you all, i'm new in zaurus and need some help (like to get icewm work)

thanks

hi!
well latest build 5.2alpha that i'm just installing right now (!) should resolve all suspend resume troubles smile.gif just go there to download it :

http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/feed/pdaXii13/tmp/

anyway if you like openbsd, there's also a working openbsd distro for the zaurus! look openbsd category on this forum for install tips
kahm
QUOTE(Meanie @ Jan 1 2007, 07:09 PM)

all apps requiring qt were build using qt.so in all builds. just nobody noticed before. build 5.2 will come with all those apps recompiled with the correct qt-mt.so

Just the default ones. It only happened the once - havent seen it again since rebooting. I had it plugged in with wifi-enabled and sitting on my desk for a while. I think I had to bring it out of suspend, and when I did the systray stuff went wonky.

Another question - is the task bar only supposed to show on the first virtual desktops. It appears to be missing from the other 3. (I think it was there in earlier betas, but it not in later ones)

Thanks!
Meanie
QUOTE(kahm @ Jan 6 2007, 06:10 AM)
QUOTE(Meanie @ Jan 1 2007, 07:09 PM)

Just the default ones. It only happened the once - havent seen it again since rebooting. I had it plugged in with wifi-enabled and sitting on my desk for a while. I think I had to bring it out of suspend, and when I did the systray stuff went wonky.

Another question - is the task bar only supposed to show on the first virtual desktops. It appears to be missing from the other 3. (I think it was there in earlier betas, but it not in later ones)

Thanks!

The mb bar thing could be a bug introduced by my hack to fix the dissappearing applets or non existant code in the newer version of the code since i took the newer sources from oz which i think does not support multiple virtual desktops.
Anyway, I think it might be a great feature anyway since you can send those greedy apps that want exactly 640x480 screens instead of 640x430 to those virtual desktops. Since the bar does not display minimised apps anyway, I think there is no big loss.
Antikx
From my recollection Beta 1,2,3 all didn't put the bar on VD 2,3,4. I like this because like meanie says I can use 640x480 apps in these VD's.
A good example is SCUMMVM. It uses the full 640x480 geography, so I always run it in VD 2.
D4rk 4p113
Ok install beta5.2 and work great!!

but still can't switch wallpaper...

any ideas?
CktRider
This workaround has always gotten me past the suspend problem. Perhaps it's posted elsewhere, but I haven't found it. When the screen flashes I wait until the Z has timed out and powers off. (Catch the reflection of the room light to determine when the LCD images disappear after the backlight goes off.) I then simply hit the 'on' switch again. If the screen flashes, I repeat the steps. After two or at most three of these cycles the screen stays on.
tombraider
D4rk 4p113:

It sounds like you may be using Rox and in that case you change wallpaper by right-clicking on the desktop and choosing "backdrop" from the menu which pops up; then open the folder where you have your wallpapers and drag and drop one into the "backdrop" space. Voila! New wallpaper background! Let me know if you need a more detailed explanation or if this does not work for you. The Look and Feel method does not work if you are using Rox-Filer.

Greetings to Brazil from North Carolina in USA. :-)

Edit: Just realized that I am replying to an OLD post...oh,well, maybe it will help somebody anyway.

QUOTE(D4rk 4p113 @ Jan 6 2007, 04:40 PM)
Ok install beta5.2 and work great!!

but still can't switch wallpaper...

any ideas?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.