Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I One Of The First Back Online Here?
OESF Forums > Everything Else > Site Specific Forums > Site Suggestions, Requests, and Updates
Jon_J
I'm just testing if I can post here and here is the date & time of this post
Feb 05 - 2007 at 9:32 PM Central Standard Time

Jon
HoloVector
QUOTE(Jon_J @ Feb 5 2007, 09:32 PM)
I'm just testing if I can post here and here is the date & time of this post
Feb 05 - 2007 at 9:32 PM Central Standard Time

Jon

Oh No you're crossposting! The crossposting police will be here any minute. Quick hide. laugh.gif
Jon_J
I didn't think I was posting at all, because when I tried to post this and the other thread, they both failed. Nothing happened, my browser just sat there for a very long time with an hourglass.......
HoloVector
QUOTE(Jon_J @ Feb 5 2007, 11:23 PM)
I didn't think I was posting at all, because when I tried to post this and the other thread, they both failed. Nothing happened, my browser just sat there for a very long time with an hourglass.......

Major wierdness here. My Powerbook can access the site fine using Safari. My 3200 gets either a Site unavailable or a 404 using Netfront. Clearing the cache and history doesn't help. Opera on the 3200 works fine with the site. huh.gif
speculatrix
QUOTE(HoloVector @ Feb 6 2007, 07:11 AM)
Major wierdness here.  My Powerbook can access the site fine using Safari.  My 3200 gets either a Site unavailable or a 404 using Netfront.  Clearing the cache and history doesn't help.  Opera on the 3200 works fine with the site. huh.gif

DNS problem, maybe you're talking to an old server?
HoloVector
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Feb 6 2007, 05:50 AM)
Major wierdness here.  My Powerbook can access the site fine using Safari.  My 3200 gets either a Site unavailable or a 404 using Netfront.  Clearing the cache and history doesn't help.  Opera on the 3200 works fine with the site. huh.gif

That's what I thought too, at first, but why would Opera work but not NetFront on the same machine? Whatever it was it cleared itself up and NetFront can see the site again.
Meanie
QUOTE(HoloVector @ Feb 6 2007, 10:45 PM)
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Feb 6 2007, 05:50 AM)

That's what I thought too, at first, but why would Opera work but not NetFront on the same machine? Whatever it was it cleared itself up and NetFront can see the site again.

some browsers have a dns cache and some dont
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.