Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Think I'm Going To Have To Change My Sig.
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
rickh
Last week my C3000 was stolen, after a solid 2 (almost 3) years of use. :-(

At this point, I still have my 5600, which I'll keep, but I don't think I'm going to get another Zaurus clamshell. I've been eyeing the new Nokia N800. Substantially cheaper, but less applications available.

Anyway, I never realized how much I used the C3000 until I no longer had it.

R.
==
HoloVector
QUOTE(rickh @ Mar 14 2007, 12:51 PM)

At this point, I still have my 5600, which I'll keep, but I don't think I'm going to get another Zaurus clamshell.  I've been eyeing the new Nokia N800.  Substantially cheaper, but less applications available.

R.
==

Sorry to hear of your loss. Dang, I sound like I'm at a funeral. rolleyes.gif

The N800 is a nice unit but, I could never consider it a replacement for either of my Zs because the lack of a physical keyboard. I guess you could say I'm a keyboard junkie! tongue.gif
Antikx
sorry to hear it dude.
rickh
QUOTE(HoloVector @ Mar 14 2007, 07:15 PM)
The N800 is a nice unit but, I could never consider it a replacement for either of my Zs because the lack of a physical keyboard.  I guess you could say I'm a keyboard junkie!  tongue.gif

Well, actually I think using a BT keyboard should be fine.

Part of the reason I started considering an N800 is for full word processing so I can leave my laptop behind, however I don't seem to be able to find decent software for that purpose :-(

R.
==
Drake01
QUOTE(rickh @ Mar 14 2007, 01:51 PM)

At this point, I still have my 5600, which I'll keep, but I don't think I'm going to get another Zaurus clamshell.  I've been eyeing the new Nokia N800.  Substantially cheaper, but less applications available.

R.
==

Please let me offer my deepest sympathies. And if you ever find the guy that did it, just remember to retrieve your Z from his pocket before applying the baseball bat to him. smile.gif

This is actually a mild paranoia I've had with my PDA's. It's not just the cost of the device, it's all the data that is stored on it. For that reason, I've always tried to find apps that work on both my desktop and PDA. But even if your data is available, it's such a pain to have that mobile convenience taken away.
rickh
QUOTE(Drake01 @ Mar 14 2007, 08:19 PM)
Please let me offer my deepest sympathies.  And if you ever find the guy that did it, just remember to retrieve your Z from his pocket before applying the baseball bat to him. smile.gif

This is actually a mild paranoia I've had with my PDA's.  It's not just the cost of the device, it's all the data that is stored on it.  For that reason, I've always tried to find apps that work on both my desktop and PDA.  But even if your data is available, it's such a pain to have that mobile convenience taken away.

Well, actually I have already done that for the most part and have all my data on a PC. Since my primary desktop runs Linux, that was fairly easy to do.

Not to bore you all with details, but it was my PDA, a Thinkpad (THAT really bummed me out more than the Zaurus) and a checkbook, among other personal items that were stolen. Someone walked in the office off the street and took the whole messenger bag while no one was around.

And yeah, it feels more violating than the actual loss of property/data.

In any case, thanks for the condolences.

R.
==
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.