gprs/cdma
gps
wifi
usb
pcmcia (?)
64MB ROM, 128MB SDRAM
4000 mAh lithium battery
built-in speakers."

Interesting..especially if a better rom can be ported.

Ooops I see Antikx already has it up at Tyrannozaurus.
Ling
Definitely not a z successor. Unless you are king kong, it won't fit in your pocket. It does look neat. If the prices get down in the low $400's that would be impressive. Seems a bit underpowered, but we will need to see some performance specs when someone gets their hands on one. I have been pretty underwhelmed with the UMPCs up to this point, but this is interesting.
adf
QUOTE(Ling @ Mar 18 2007, 09:13 PM)
Definitely not a z successor. Unless you are king kong, it won't fit in your pocket. It does look neat. If the prices get down in the low $400's that would be impressive. Seems a bit underpowered, but we will need to see some performance specs when someone gets their hands on one. I have been pretty underwhelmed with the UMPCs up to this point, but this is interesting.

Yeah the size is a bit much, and the lack of a keyboard isn't good---- but all that connectivity. damn. That's a lot of access in a small package.
Ling
As the number of portable/packable USB keyboards increase, I am less worried about the keyboard. The keyboards on the other UMPCs seem to be so cheesy and rolodex like that they appear almost worthless anyway. Be interesting to see how the cellular connectivity works in the U.S. Course with your sunspot activity in AK, you are probably good for about 30 minutes of connectivity a day regardless ohmy.gif
adf
QUOTE(Ling @ Mar 18 2007, 09:26 PM)
As the number of portable/packable USB keyboards increase, I am less worried about the keyboard. The keyboards on the other UMPCs seem to be so cheesy and rolodex like that they appear almost worthless anyway. Be interesting to see how the cellular connectivity works in the U.S. Course with your sunspot activity in AK, you are probably good for about 30 minutes of connectivity a day regardless  ohmy.gif

My gprs actually works ok... slow, slow, slow..but ok. My main problem with it is the voq and the very weird windows/phone/mobile os . That's one of the reasons I tend to gravitate toward stuff like this and the Neo. A workable handheld with decent battery life, linux and wifi & gprs would suit me admirably. My main issue is price. A perfectly viable laptop can be had for $600. I can use a very cheap phone as a phone....BUT If I can get in all in 1 tiny package, I'm interested.
freizugheit
An overview of comparison can be found here.

Please note H9 works only with CDMA to date.
HoloVector
QUOTE(Ling @ Mar 18 2007, 03:26 PM)
As the number of portable/packable USB keyboards increase, I am less worried about the keyboard. The keyboards on the other UMPCs seem to be so cheesy and rolodex like that they appear almost worthless anyway. Be interesting to see how the cellular connectivity works in the U.S. Course with your sunspot activity in AK, you are probably good for about 30 minutes of connectivity a day regardless  ohmy.gif

I got to disagree with you on the add-on portable keyboards. If I can't type on it while I am carrying it in my hands the device is close to useless for me during my average workday. A portable keyboard is just another thing I don't want to drag around with me and I don't spend enough time sitting in one place to mess around with setting up the keyboard and PDA so I can get down to typing. No Zaurus replacement for me yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.