Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Programs For Scientific Usage
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
2or0
Hi everyone,

I made a page for scientific usage of pdaXrom. I uploaded the some files that I ported and linked the programs that some one compiled. I did not complete the page but I think it is useful enough. Some screenshots are also there.

Here are a list of program I compiled.

R 2.4.1
scilab 4.1
gnuplot 4.2 rc4
lyx-qt 1.4.4
genius

http://yonggun.googlepages.com/scientificpdaxrom

- yonggun
BramK
Thank you 2or0.

I'm currently using the octave & gnuplot combination to perform signal analysis and filter design. I'll have a look at your scientific packages as well.

I noticed that your website mentions the use of Latex. I really would like to have it running on pdaXrom. Do you know a way to perform a proper installation of latex?

Regards,
BramK.
2or0
QUOTE(BramK @ Mar 20 2007, 06:57 AM)
Thank you 2or0.

I'm currently using the octave & gnuplot combination to perform signal analysis and filter design. I'll have a look at your scientific packages as well.

I noticed that your website mentions the use of Latex. I really would like to have it running on pdaXrom. Do you know a way to perform a proper installation of latex?

Regards,
BramK.

Check this post
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3796&hl=latex

I am using latex in this page:
http://kracht.humnet.ucla.edu/marcus/zaurus/zaurus-3100.html

- yonggun
radiochickenwax
QUOTE(2or0 @ Mar 20 2007, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE(BramK @ Mar 20 2007, 06:57 AM)
Thank you 2or0.

Regards,
BramK.

Check this post
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3796&hl=latex

I am using latex in this page:
http://kracht.humnet.ucla.edu/marcus/zaurus/zaurus-3100.html

- yonggun

Wow! beautiful. I'm especially pleased to see scilab, R and gnuplot4.2. Haven't tested any of your compilations yet, but I will soon. I've been having lots of trouble compiling most of these apps myself.

Had to compile my own latex (tetex3), since the one you mentioned didn't work for me in many regards, and since the original UNIX maintainer stopped updating, it's far out of date. The resulting build is far too big to post on the New Packages Announcement thread since it is over 200MB.

Someone really ought to take a stab at compiling TeX-Live. I'll probably be doing this somewhere along the lines, but not for awhile since tetex3 mostly serves my needs for now.

Do you have any notes on some of the problems you faced getting these to build as well as solutions you've found?
dsteuer
Hi,

after having unsuccessfully tried to compile R on my cacko/Xqtrom Zaurus 860
Im more than willing to flash pdaXrom and install that lovely language for on the road usage :-) Thank you!

But one question remains: Which pdaXrom should I flash on my Z?
Does the old pdaXrom suffice or do I need one of the newer ones?
Which one is most promising for an 860? Are these pdaXroms binary compatible?
(I guess not, but must admit I find it hard to follow all those different versions for different machines.)

Or is it wise to wait another week or two and then having a 2.6 kernel based brand new stable pdaXrom?

Thx for any hints!

Detlef
2or0
QUOTE(radiochickenwax @ Mar 20 2007, 09:52 AM)
Do you have any notes on some of the problems you faced getting these to build as well as solutions you've found?

Unfortunately, I don't have any note when I compiled them. First I tried to compile them in cross-compile system. When I encountered the problem, I moved all files to zaurus and recompiled it. I repeated this process. So I am not sure I can compile them again.

- yonggun
2or0
QUOTE(dsteuer @ Mar 21 2007, 01:10 AM)
Hi,

after having unsuccessfully tried to compile R on my cacko/Xqtrom Zaurus 860
Im more than willing to flash pdaXrom and install that lovely language for on the road usage :-) Thank you!

But one question remains: Which pdaXrom should I flash on my Z?
Does the old pdaXrom suffice or do I need one of the newer ones?
Which one is most promising for an 860? Are these pdaXroms binary compatible?
(I guess not, but must admit I find it hard to follow  all those different versions for different machines.)

Or is it wise to wait another week or two and then having a 2.6 kernel based brand new stable pdaXrom?

Thx for any hints!

Detlef

I compiled it on C3200 with pdaXrom r121. I guess it would work on any version of pdaXrom.

- yonggun
canguy247
These look great. They really show the power of the Zaurus. Only one question though. There is no link for Genius download. Is this in the works?

CanGuy
radiochickenwax
I've tried to install the bigger apps, 'scilab' and 'R', but had trouble getting them to work so far. I tried setting the environment variables as described:

Usage: Extract the downloaded file to any place and modify the file "path to Scilab/bin/scilab" as follows:  SCI="/mnt/card/scilab-4.1"

but the executable complains about missing libraries or some such thing. Are these just snapshots of the compiled source directories? I tried recompiling, but still no luck.

Any ideas?
2or0
QUOTE(canguy247 @ Mar 22 2007, 06:58 AM)
These look great. They really show the power of the Zaurus. Only one question though. There is no link for Genius download. Is this in the works?

CanGuy

Sorry tha I didn't package them. But I packaged and uploaded them on my page just ago. Please check it.

QUOTE(radiochickenwax @ Mar 24 2007, 10:28 AM)
I've tried to install the bigger apps, 'scilab' and 'R', but had trouble getting them to work so far. I tried setting the environment variables as described:

Usage: Extract the downloaded file to any place and modify the file "path to Scilab/bin/scilab" as follows: SCI="/mnt/card/scilab-4.1"

but the executable complains about missing libraries or some such thing. Are these just snapshots of the compiled source directories? I tried recompiling, but still no luck.

Any ideas?

I missed one library, xaw3d, for scilab and libRblas.so for R, and uploaded them. Also I add some dependencies for them. If it does not work it even when you install it, please let me know.

- yonggun
canguy247
QUOTE(2or0 @ Mar 24 2007, 06:50 PM)
Sorry tha I didn't package them. But I packaged and uploaded them on my page just ago. Please check it.

Beauty, thanks. Works perfectly!

Canguy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.