Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zgcc-3.4.6.squashfs On Pdaxii13 V.5.3.3 ?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
ArchiMark
menaie wrote:

for pdaXii13, all you need to do is place zgcc-3.4.6.squashfs under /data and reboot or run /etc/rc.d/init.d/mntloop restart

Just installed pdaxii13 v.5.3.3 Sally the other day on my 3200. Overall, works very well....

However, I put 'zgcc-3.4.6.squashfs' under /data and rebooted as instructed, but I get

CODE
gcc: command not found

when I try compiling something....

Has anything changed in v.5.3.3 ???

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Mark
Capn_Fish
Try mounting it manually or running "/etc/rc.d/init.d/mntloop restart" wink.gif

I don't know about pdaXii13, but it normally goes under "/opt/native/arm/3.4.6-xscale-softvfp"
ArchiMark
Just tried the other suggested idea above....but no go either....

run /etc/rc.d/init.d/mntloop restart

Got the following

CODE
#/etc/rc.d/init.d/mntloop restart
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
          missing codepage, or too many mounted file systems
mount: /data/zgcc-3.4.6.squashfs is not a block device (maybe try '-o loop' ?)

#/etc/rc.d/init.d/mntloop restart -o loop
Capn_Fish
Can you open up run /etc/rc.d/init.d/mntloop with a text editor? It should have a line containing:

CODE
mount -o loop -t squashfs /data/zgcc-3.4.6.squashfs /x/y/z

You could also run that manually, where /x/y/x is wherever it should be mounted (normally /opt/native/arm/3.4.6-xscale-softvfp).
ArchiMark
QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Mar 21 2007, 03:05 PM)
Can you open up run /etc/rc.d/init.d/mntloop with a text editor? It should have a line containing:

CODE
mount -o loop -t squashfs /data/zgcc-3.4.6.squashfs /x/y/z

You could also run that manually, where /x/y/x is wherever it should be mounted (normally /opt/native/arm/3.4.6-xscale-softvfp).

Thanks for your help, Capn_Fish!

Meanwhile....

1) I looked at '/etc/rc.d/init.d/mntloop' as you suggested...I do see a whole section on zgcc-3.4.6....

2) When I tried your suggestion and run manually
CODE
mount -o loop -t squashfs /data/zgcc-3.4.6.squashfs /opt/native/arm/3.4.6-xscale-softvfp

I got the following message (which is same message as in my previous post):

CODE

Any other ideas???

Thanks,

Mark
adf
use the older 5.2 version. the "latest" has some problem with the image and won't mount on anything I tried. got the same error you did-- I ended up reflashing to check my loo devices. it is the image, believe me.
ArchiMark
QUOTE(adf @ Mar 21 2007, 04:11 PM)
use the older 5.2 version. the "latest" has some problem with the image and won't mount on anything I tried.  got the same error you did--  I ended up reflashing to check my loo devices.  it is the image, believe me.

Well...nice to know that it's not me for a change.... rolleyes.gif

Thanks, adf!

Would have wasted a few more hours on this otherwise....

Maybe Meanie will release v.5.3.4 soon.....

wink.gif
ArchiMark
Ummm....where can I find initrd v.5.3.2 (Sally) now????

Thanks,

Mark
adf
yeasterday they were side by side under "build" in the pdaxii13 stuff on tyranozaurus
ArchiMark
QUOTE(adf @ Mar 21 2007, 08:09 PM)
yeasterday they were side by side under "build" in the pdaxii13 stuff on tyranozaurus

Thanks again for your help, adf!

Meanwhile, I found a copy on one of my computers... smile.gif

Did re-flash about 10 minutes ago...all seemed to go OK...but wondered whether or not I should have answered 'Yes' (I did...) to the request to 'migrate my configuration' ???

If not, guess I'll reflash..... rolleyes.gif

Now, onto to testing if zgcc works....

UPDATE

CODE
gcc: command not found

Thinkin' maybe I should have said 'No' to 'migrate my configuration', right???

rolleyes.gif
adf
that'd be my guess... though I'm having some major PIA installing stuff. Maybe the PATH is screwy?

Have you been able to install ANYTHING? I have so far only managed kphone..... everything else is "not found"

AIEEEE!!!

now I'm getting zgcc not found too (it is mounted, and was working.) PATH is hosed somehow--fakeroot isn't working right???

theories?
ArchiMark
QUOTE(adf @ Mar 21 2007, 08:35 PM)
that'd be my guess... though I'm having some major PIA  installing stuff.  Maybe the PATH is  screwy?

Have you been able to install ANYTHING?  I have so far only managed kphone.....  everything else is "not found"

AIEEEE!!!

now I'm getting zgcc not found too  (it is mounted, and was working.) PATH is hosed somehow--fakeroot isn't working right???

theories?

Maybe the PATH is wacked, did you check it??
CODE
#echo $PATH

right?

I'm reflashing right now, so don't know about any install issues at this moment...will let you know if I do have problems...

As for theories, could be sunspots, global warming, or aliens???

wink.gif
ArchiMark
OK, more weirdness going on....

This time, said 'No' to 'migrate config'...

Not sure if this happened the previous time but I just noticed during rebooting that there was an error message about 'mount: .....loop0' don't think that's a good sign....

Also, last boot I saw that weird splash screen with girl and dinozaurus...this not there

Booted up to desktop but different looking than last time, just have gray background, taskbar, and a home folder in upper left corner....last time I had that background image blue with purple 'X's and several icons across top and folders running down left edge of screen....

????

Guess will try again.....
adf
I'm thinking 121 is too big a / partition, and that stuff isn't mountiung correctlly--whic is giving problems in the path. I'm getting a "respawning too quickly error"--- having a hard time reflashing--deflector shields @ 30 % and falling. we have 10 minutes.
adf
turns out i had a bad flash. hope it as simple for you
ArchiMark
QUOTE(adf @ Mar 21 2007, 10:08 PM)
turns out i had a bad flash.  hope it as simple for you

Thanks, adf. However, so far not as simple it seems...

I'm getting this message at bootup right after it says "starting SD Services" (or something like that):

CODE

Don't this I should be seeing this,right?

Also, tried flashing v.5.3.3 again just now and still get that message above about 'mount'....

Maybe need to reformat hard drive???

blink.gif
adf
Format the drive, certainly.

this:

often indicates nothing worse than a bad squashfs image. I had this problem too. re download it.

as I said in my other post, remove the zgcc squashfs. make a small one out of a text file or something. drop in /data. reboot (or just mount it manually). I bet it mounts and you don't get the error.

I recommended the older zgcc, becaue I dld the newer one twice and got that error, and after one shot at the older image, the error went away--i thought maybe the latest image on the server was bad.
ArchiMark
Ahh, now I get it. adf.....

I didn't realize before that you were referring to the zgcc squashfs file...

thought you meant the ROM file was bad....

rolleyes.gif
adf
QUOTE(ArchiMark @ Mar 23 2007, 02:01 AM)
Ahh, now I get it. adf.....

I didn't realize before that you were referring to the zgcc squashfs file...

thought you meant the ROM file was bad....

rolleyes.gif

I did a bad flash from cf, so i looked like the rom was having issues--- but no, I meant the squash.
sorry about that.
Meanie
the squashfs file was corrupted... i am going to upload a new one...
ArchiMark
QUOTE(Meanie @ Mar 23 2007, 05:08 AM)
the squashfs file was corrupted... i am going to upload a new one...

Great, Meanie!

Thanks,

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.