Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Star Wars: The Battle Of Yavin
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Off Topic forum
Snappy
Hi all,

Found these free games ... excellent for StarWars fans!! biggrin.gif
The graphics are not textured, so it does not look fancy. But I would say that the gameplay captures the atmosphere of the original movies better than the original StarsWars X-Wing Fighter series from Lucas!

Enjoi! biggrin.gif

http://www.bruneras.com/
Star Wars: The Battle Of Yavin

Snappy
Star Wars: The Battle Of Endor

HoloVector
These look great but they are programmed in VisualBasic and depend on Direct X so, I don't think we will see them running on Linux any time soon. sad.gif
adf
I bet they'd go on a desktop with wine...or certainly cedega. Probably doing windows x86 emulation for directX gaming on the Z is asking too much, though laugh.gif
Cresho
No linux? argh. time to try it on my other pc.
Snappy
QUOTE(HoloVector @ Mar 29 2007, 09:59 AM)
These look great but they are programmed in VisualBasic and depend on Direct X so, I don't think we will see them running on Linux any time soon. sad.gif

Oh gee, I didn't realised that ... I just grabbed the files and "This is Red Three ... Switching to link-canon mode ... " ... hahahaa biggrin.gif

Well, VB can be ported to C quite easily ... for me anyway ... I code in both languages wink.gif ... but for now, .... let me go get some TIEs!!! tongue.gif
Fushnchupsh
nice find! Would be nice if they could be ported- tis a shame. Not many good flight sim/flight battle games out there, for the Z.

--Fish
HoloVector
QUOTE(HoloVector @ Mar 28 2007, 07:59 PM)

Sorry, going off topic.

Um, Cresho.

Why did you edit my post? huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.