Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pdaxii13 Libc.so.6 Not Glib_2.3 Version
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
adf
libcups, libgnutls, and libgcrypt are all complaining about this when I type "cupsd."

libc.so.6 exists, and seems to check out-- it said "current" (or something like) when doing ipkg update.

Any ideas? quick fixes?
Meanie
QUOTE(adf @ Apr 8 2007, 04:37 PM)
libcups, libgnutls, and libgcrypt are all complaining about this when I type "cupsd."

libc.so.6 exists, and seems to check out--  it said "current" (or something like) when doing ipkg update.

Any ideas?  quick fixes?

are you sure you installed a package build for pdaXrom because pdaXrom only has glibc 2.2.5. Debian and OZ use GLIBC 2.3
adf
QUOTE(Meanie @ Apr 12 2007, 06:22 AM)

libc.so.6 exists, and seems to check out--  it said "current" (or something like) when doing ipkg update.

Any ideas?  quick fixes?

are you sure you installed a package build for pdaXrom because pdaXrom only has glibc 2.2.5. Debian and OZ use GLIBC 2.3

It gets weirder.

I reflashed to have a pristine setup: 3.3.5 flash/3.3.4 hd image full

If I go to a console and type "cupsd" I still get the glib_2.3 version error.

Have you checked yours recently? I'm more than willing to believe it is a unique problem, but I have no idea how often you check to see if cups is actually working.....
anyone else see this error?
Meanie
QUOTE(adf @ Apr 13 2007, 01:27 PM)
QUOTE(Meanie @ Apr 12 2007, 06:22 AM)

Any ideas?   quick fixes?

It gets weirder.

I reflashed to have a pristine setup: 3.3.5 flash/3.3.4 hd image full

If I go to a console and type "cupsd" I still get the glib_2.3 version error.

Have you checked yours recently? I'm more than willing to believe it is a unique problem, but I have no idea how often you check to see if cups is actually working.....
anyone else see this error?

cups does not exist on pdaXii13. wherever you got it from, it must have been compiled with other dependencies...
adf
It was indeed the incorrect ipk--- same version, though, I think.
I got it from the preconfigured feeds, I think. Maybe Antikz grabbed a beta4 file by mistake? anyway here are the 3 files needed (uninstal gnutls, libgcrypt and cups if you have 'em installed--cupsclient can stay if it is there, though)
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

don't forget to rename /etc/cups/cupsd.conf-default (something like that)

Antikz--maybe you'll want to replace the ones in the Tyrannozaurus feed?
Antikx
QUOTE(adf @ Apr 13 2007, 12:01 AM)
It was indeed the incorrect ipk--- same version, though, I think.
I got it from the preconfigured feeds, I think.  Maybe Antikz grabbed a beta4 file by mistake? anyway here are the 3 files needed (uninstal gnutls, libgcrypt and cups if you have 'em installed--cupsclient can stay if it is there, though)
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

don't forget to rename /etc/cups/cupsd.conf-default (something like that)

Antikz--maybe you'll want to replace the ones in the Tyrannozaurus feed?

Psycoman... would you mind checking this, please? thanks.
psycoman
i will chek it. asap. thkkx for report
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.