Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Zaurus' Brothers ;)
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > New products and alternatives
Leinadmx
Hi, good day wink.gif

It seems that Sharp still remembers the Zaurus, they release new models of their "e-dictionnaries", but just for Korea:

http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-13642...s+by+Sharp.html

I would like to know the specs of this producs, maybe Sharp backs to Zaurus someday.

Best Regards.

By the way someone knows where I could find information about how to build a motherboard, last night I was thinking "mmm Why should we wait till some corporation release a real Zaurus succesor??, I know, build one by oneself must be expensive, but could be possible", so what do you think??
Fushnchupsh
certainly is a nod to the line. I love the color:D Of course... I love green.

As far as building a mother board, etc, you should check out the pocket penguin subforum. Alot of DIY stuff/ideas have been posted there

--Fish
Snappy
They follow the smell of green ... like any company would ... smile.gif
daniel3000
hm - 2-20GB of hard disk space.
I wonder what kind of drive mght be inclued which provides 20GB. AFAIK only the 1.8" drives are available with that capacity.

If this device is Linux-based, it could certainly be enhanced to be again a real Zaurus successor. The keyboard looks good, the screen too.
Now, are there all the great interfaces of the Zaurus?

daniel
Antikx
It looks like it has some kind of slot on the left side but I doubt it has a CF on the right as it looks to be too thin of a device.
If it had USB host and built in wifi I could live without a CF though.
ArchiMark
Posted about similar Sharp devices with larger screens here a while back....

New Sharp Devices...

wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.