Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom Icons
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
macwiz
Sorry this is such a cosmetic post, but I am trying to customize the look and feel of my desktop/panel. I am running pdaXii13 with openbox/rox on my c860.

Anyway, I have edited some of the application icons in the pixmaps folder, recreating 48x48 pixel png files with an alpha transparency. They appear in rox just fine, and if I drag them to the desktop there they are in all their glory. (Got to admit to just revamping some from OSX Tiger, but maybe I'll get creative when I've got it to work.) But... In the panel or panel-menu they just apear as scrambled, interlaced fuzz. I wondered if there needed to be smaller versions, but rox is able to display reduced size versions on the fly with no problem.

Perhaps I need to output the png differently - I am using Fireworks - but I am stumped.

PS. Recommend any icon editors?

Thanks
kkazakov13
Try to save icons as true color
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.