Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Qcopilot on 7x0/860
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
anonuk
Has anyone gotten qcopilot working on the 7x0/860?
i keep getting either RAM file errors or segfaults.

If anyone has got it working please help!
lardman
Am I right in thinking that I need to provide my own .ram file taken from a desktop version of xcopilot?

I'm getting the same RAM file errors and am wondering whether this is the issue.

Si
anonuk
erm... could be - but qcopilot worked on my 5500 without any desktop based files afaik, could be wrong though it was a while ago.. i think the .ram file was generated by qcopilot
stupkid
I got qpose to work with the Palm m505 ROM on my c860, but it was slow and very flakey. So, Ijust gave up. There were a few old Palm apps and some new ones that I would have liked to run. Everything that I really need is on the Z already or I can compile it.
stupkid
Doh!
zaphod
I got qcopilot working with a Palm III rom. You have to goof around with the ROM file as described in the qcopilot page at ZSI. It runs much better than qpose, but qcopilot only emulates OLD palm PDAs. ROMs newer than a Palm III will not work. Even when I had it working, I could not install a PDB larger than 200-300KB so running anything other than the preinstalled Palm apps was pretty much out of the question. I don't know whether this is a limitation of the emulator or the old Palm ROM.
anonuk
Zaphod, did u get qcopilot working on a 7/860? or a 5x00?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.