Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ipkg Error
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
zeroc87
I installed the oz 3.5.4.1on my c3200 with opie.
I try to install new software with package manager but ipkg give me some error or didn't resolve dependences automatically.so I'm not able to install extra software

one error is:

Package manager was terminated due to signal code SIGKILL
zeroc87
ipkg fails also becauseit can't download from the ufficial mirror
zeroc87
and tell
failed to download "packet".perhapps you need to run ipkh update.
but I did it
lardman
Post the full output...

Si
Meanie
QUOTE(zeroc87 @ Apr 22 2007, 04:01 AM)
I installed the oz 3.5.4.1on my c3200 with opie.
I try to install new software with package manager but ipkg give me some error or didn't resolve dependences automatically.so I'm not able to install extra software

one error is:

Package manager was terminated due to signal code SIGKILL

there is a bug whereby if you install more than one package, that package manager crashes. package + dependencies = more than one package.
i reported this as a bug a long time ago in the OE bugtracker...
zeroc87
for example I'm not able to install aircrack because it tell " impossibole to find package" even if I put the packet in my memory card and Try to install local package
zeroc87
can I install a new version of ipkg to resolve the problem?
if I install gpe can I resolve?
lardman
Ah, I missed the GUI bit.

The 'easy' way to get around this is to use ipkg from the command line.

i reported this as a bug a long time ago in the OE bugtracker...

Yep, these issues (with the gpe and opie versions) have been ongoing for a long time. The problem is that no-one has yet decided to fix/write a new GUI package manager. If there's anyone out there who fancies the task, then I'm sure you'll get a lot of kudos.

Si
zeroc87
so if I use ipkg from shell it functiones?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.