Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gpe-calender: Repair Corrupted Database File?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
jan
Hi,
yesterday my Z with latest OZ/GPE crashed. So I had to remove the battery for a rough reboot.

Now GPE calendar is empty, but the file ~/.gpe/calendar exist with non-zero size. IIRC this is a SQLite database file and I assume it was corrupted during the crash. Are you aware of a tool to analyse or repair this file?

Thanks
Jan
Drake01
QUOTE(jan @ Apr 26 2007, 06:35 AM)
IIRC this is a SQLite database file and I assume it was corrupted during the crash. Are you aware of a tool to analyse or repair this file?

I'm sure that it's a SQLite database. GPE-Contacts is, which is how I managed to get my data imported from my old PDA. Since the import function was broken, it took me a while to figure out SQLite and manually import the data.

I wish I could help with the analysis part, but I'm not too familiar with SQLite. This page advertises a GUI tool that might be helpful. There's a free trial download, which may or may not be too crippled to be helpful.
jan
The database was OK. The date was wrong. And it took me two days to find out. I'm feeling bad.
Drake01
QUOTE(jan @ Apr 29 2007, 10:17 AM)
The database was OK. The date was wrong. And it took me two days to find out. I'm feeling bad.

biggrin.gif At least any feeling of embarrassment also came with a sigh of relief!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.