Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fixes For R198/r197
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
Pages: 1, 2
Meanie
sp7 contains some fixes to the keymapping (c3x00/c1000 only) to make the super key working. also fn+1/2 and fn+3/4 also work now to change the screen between vga/svga and also change the brightness. this will effectively disable sticky keys. super+1/2, super+3/4 also works. to enable sticky keys, remove -kb from /usr/X11R6/bin/startx
the fbpanel menu popups now won't go off the screen anymore.
hostap driver is now default (removed orinoco and hermes which were conflicting)
donquixote
QUOTE(Meanie @ Jun 12 2007, 07:15 PM)
- shutting off randomly for no reason

this is actually a power saving feature. just change the timeout to be longer.

This is not the screen shutting off but rather the whole unit shutting off. Maybe there's another timeout you're referring to, but the problem seems to go deeper than the "Light & Power Settings".

QUOTE(Meanie @ Jun 12 2007, 07:15 PM)
- apm issues

more details please....

Actually, I think this is related to the previous problem. It has been mentioned before that's why I didn't elaborate. Basically, after it shuts off by itself and quite unexpectedly, it takes great effort (and a little prayer) to get it turned back on. When I check the power level it has dropped to 5% when just a few minutes before the power level was good. I've given-up trusting apm and the power level indicator.

Also, I should mention, another problem. It may be related to these other two points, but sometimes (and it seems quite random) when powering up, X freezes-up, only showing a blinking cursor in the top right. I can ssh in and kill X or take out the battery and reboot the unit, but in the course of doing this the data that was in any of the programs that were running becomes corrupted.

dq
T3_slider
QUOTE(donquixote)
This is not the screen shutting off but rather the whole unit shutting off. Maybe there's another timeout you're referring to, but the problem seems to go deeper than the "Light & Power Settings".

Isn't there a Suspend timeout feature in r197/8? (I use beta 3, so I am taking a blind shot in the dark here). In beta 3 it is accessible from the Light and Power app, but I'm not sure if that app is broken in the 2.6 kernels or not (maybe Meanie's new configure app has a Suspend timeout as well?)
grog
QUOTE(Meanie @ Jun 12 2007, 06:15 PM)
The next release of pdaXrom will have a GUI installer with system backup and restore feature to replace the nand backup/restore feature. I may also implement zbackup on pdaXrom (if time permits) so you can create system snapshots that you can use to flash back your system.

Exciting additions. The flash-restore is slated to work for all models? That would be really good news.
kkazakov13
You alone are producing Service packs faster than the whole MS department smile.gif
Meanie
- screen not refreshing after exiting X
Ah, right. I'm used to suspending & resuming right after exiting X. A pain though, I agree.

does running

CODE
clear

or

CODE
reset

fix it?
grog
QUOTE(Meanie @ Jun 14 2007, 11:11 PM)
Ah, right. I'm used to suspending & resuming right after exiting X. A pain though, I agree.

does running
CODE
clear

or
CODE
reset

fix it?

Not for me.
donquixote
Oh yeah, and sometimes the unit doesn't shut off (suspend)-- I have to reboot it to make it work again.

dq
vilefridge
I've applied SP7 to 197 on a SL-C750 but the audio isn't working. I'm not hearing _anything_ from the internal speaker or external headphones. Tried both mplayer and xmms. I mainly use my Zaurus for playing music, so it would be nice to have this fixed... Any ideas? =)

The sound works in Cacko and also if I do a sound test in the Fn+D+M panel, so it's not a hardware issue.

(Thanks for all your hard work Meanie!!)
grog
QUOTE(vilefridge @ Jun 19 2007, 10:34 PM)
I've applied SP7 to 197 on a SL-C750 but the audio isn't working.  I'm not hearing _anything_ from the internal speaker or external headphones.  Tried both mplayer and xmms.  I mainly use my Zaurus for playing music, so it would be nice to have this fixed...  Any ideas? =)

The sound works in Cacko and also if I do a sound test in the Fn+D+M panel, so it's not a hardware issue. 

(Thanks for all your hard work Meanie!!)

Have you tried turning the speaker and/or headphones on using alsamixer?
vilefridge
QUOTE(grog @ Jun 20 2007, 08:01 AM)

What do your alsamixer settings look like? Correct alsamixer settings appear enabled by default (at least for me), although I could be wrong..
grog
QUOTE(vilefridge @ Jun 20 2007, 10:00 AM)
What do your alsamixer settings look like? Correct alsamixer settings appear enabled by default (at least for me), although I could be wrong..

Well right now the relevant settings (AFAIK) are: Playback [95%], Jack Function [Headset] & Speaker Function [Off], 'cause I just listen to music via headphones. The speaker does work as long as I set Speaker Function [On]. HTH
Meanie
QUOTE(grog @ Jun 15 2007, 08:20 PM)

does running
CODE
clear

or
CODE
reset

fix it?

Not for me.

can you provide the output of fbset just after exiting X

and after you suspend/resume
Meanie
fixed bluetooth support.
Capn_Fish
I installed the service pack hoping that it would fix the inputconfig script, but it's still broken. Is this supposed to be fixed (I only skimmed the lst and thought it was mentioned)? If not, could it be (my attempts have ended up in the script not even running).

Also, it seems X takes longer to start than it used to. Am I imagining things, or is there a reason?

Thanks for your great work in this area!
grog
QUOTE(Meanie @ Jun 20 2007, 08:01 PM)
QUOTE(grog @ Jun 15 2007, 08:20 PM)

does running
CODE
clear

or
CODE
reset

fix it?

Not for me.

can you provide the output of fbset just after exiting X

and after you suspend/resume

Here's the output of fbset; there's no difference before and after suspend.

CODE
mode "640x480-813802"
       geometry 640 480 640 480 16
       timings 4 0 0 0 0 0 0
       accel false
       rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
endmode
cortez
Meanie,

I'm currently trying to build pdaXrom from the repository. I'm curious to know whether or not all your fixes applied to the R197/R198 releases are already checked in to the repository. Or do I still have to apply the SP after installation of the ROM image.

Thanks,
cortez
Meanie
QUOTE(cortez @ Jun 25 2007, 02:18 AM)
Meanie,

I'm currently trying to build pdaXrom from the repository. I'm curious to know whether or not all your fixes applied to the R197/R198 releases are already checked in to the repository. Or do I still have to apply the SP after installation of the ROM image.

Thanks,
cortez

i've checked in about half of them but not everything yet...
Capn_Fish
After changing the keycodes in inputconfig.py from SP7, right and middle clicking still don't work. They appear correctly in xev, but don't work for pasting (middle click) or opening the root menu in fluxbox (right clicking). Any ideas as to why this may be?

Thanks.
stuffman
Sorry for the dumb and off-topic question, but every time I try to click on one of the links to download a service pack, it just opens up a new window with garbled text. This happens on my linux box in Firefox and Konqueror, my zaurus under Firefox, and my Powerbook under Firefox and Safari. It's driving me nuts. I tried searching the forums for an answer, but I guess my search query wasn't on target... so... how do I get the dammed thing?

It's probably something simple but it's 4am and I want to see what r197 is all about! wacko.gif
shula
QUOTE(stuffman @ Jul 2 2007, 08:09 AM)
... every time I try to click on one of the links to download a service pack, it just opens up a new window with garbled text....
It's probably something simple but it's 4am and I want to see what r197 is all about! wacko.gif

it's a known problem with the forum.

do this:
1. with the mouse, select and "Copy" the file's name to the clipboard
2. right-click on the link, and choose "Save As"
3. paste the file's name
4. save :-)
stuffman
Thanks a bunch, shula!

I can't wait to see what I've been missing out on in the last few months!
vilefridge
QUOTE(grog @ Jun 20 2007, 09:57 AM)

Well right now the relevant settings (AFAIK) are: Playback [95%], Jack Function [Headset] & Speaker Function [Off], 'cause I just listen to music via headphones. The speaker does work as long as I set Speaker Function [On]. HTH

With these settings applied in alsamixer and XMMS configured to use alsamixer, there is still no sound emitted. Any other suggestions before I give the pdaxii13 project a go?
Meanie
QUOTE(vilefridge @ Jul 30 2007, 01:04 PM)

With these settings applied in alsamixer and XMMS configured to use alsamixer, there is still no sound emitted. Any other suggestions before I give the pdaxii13 project a go?

use zmixer. it's much easier to use and looks much better too (and of course it works too)
vilefridge
QUOTE(Meanie @ Jul 29 2007, 10:54 PM)

use zmixer. it's much easier to use and looks much better too (and of course it works too)

zmixer controls won't budge at all; they're 'locked' at the bottom?
scoutme
any hint about touchscreen not properly working on SL-CXX0 with rXXX releases? cursor jumps between press and release events
plum
When I installed the Latest SP,I found that I can't open the Date and Time Panel....

C1k
climber
How can I install these fixes? What are the needed steps to do?

Thanks
climber
Capn_Fish
Just install the IPK in this thread (latest is sp8, buried withing the thread IIRC). It works best to install over a fresh install, IMO.
Arend
QUOTE(vilefridge @ Jul 30 2007, 04:39 PM) *
QUOTE(Meanie @ Jul 29 2007, 10:54 PM)

zmixer controls won't budge at all; they're 'locked' at the bottom?

Sorry to start again with this topic, but I am having the same issue (SL-C860 r197 SP8). Has this been solved in the meantime??

TIA.
Arend
Vyacheslav Dikonov
QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Feb 20 2008, 09:09 PM) *
Just install the IPK in this thread (latest is sp8, buried withing the thread IIRC). It works best to install over a fresh install, IMO.

Is anyone going to fix the PDAXrom SITE and put the SPs there?

The blogs on the www.pdaxrom.org mention the Service Packs, but provide no links. I am fresh from Cacko with C1000 and I wasted 5 days fixing keyboard bugs and basically remaking part of the fixes (constantly cursing the webmasters and dead links and bloody ERROR 404). BTW, Where are the sources for r198 now?

Many people advocate Debian, but I definitely refuse to boot from CF or SD cards (need to keep them freely removable and replaceable), so no Debian for me unless it fits in C1000's NAND.
Vyacheslav Dikonov
I would like to post my addons to the SP8. The package contains some further tweaks and concentrates on making all preinstalled applications fit the screen size. It also provides default screen calibration and mouse button config files (Fn is the right-click modifier and Ctrl is the middle-click modifier). After installing it you will no longer need the buggy inputconfig script.

It is meant to be installed immediately after the SP8.

List of changes after SP8:
- X is started by default
- updated ipkg.conf with more feeds
- updated rc.xml (openbox config) to automaximize some applications
- updated Xresources for rxvt and xpdf to fill the screen
- default geometry settings for preinstalled applications
- Skins directory for xmms
- /etc/sysconfig/x11* files for right- and middleclick mouse bindings
- stylus pre-calibrated (now you can remove buggy inputconfig)
- fbpanel clock can launch date and time setup
- environment variable for for java (jamvm+classpath)
- quick 5-step brightness control
- mc can handle ipk as archives
- ipkg-build script added

The other package containes the Tango icon theme for X11 file managers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.